Favorite Broadhead?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Favorite Broadhead?

Post by Big Woods »

I'm new to crossbows and recently bought a Matrix 355. Please let me know what you would suggest for broadheads and the best place to buy them.

Thanks!
xcaliber

Re: Favorite Broadhead?

Post by xcaliber »

Fixed, or mechanical? I prefer fixed. Smaller heads seem to do well on the 380, and 355. My buddy uses Slick Trick Vipor Tricks, I use Cabelas Copperhead.
Fly good, kill deer quickly.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

BW,
If 50 people respond to this thread, you will most likely get 50 different answers. Here's my 2 cents worth. I'd stick with a quality fixed blade BH. Find one that is accurate out to 50 yds and use it to practice with. With a fixed blade, there is less to go wrong than if you choose a mechanical. There's not a mechanical made that can take the abuse that a good fixed blade can take. Lot's of good fixed blades on the market. I shoot the Muzzy MX3 and Muzzy Crossbow. They both shoot really great in my Equinox and are really durable. Probably one of the cheaper heads you will find. I had to use a wood chisel to remove one from a pine tree after shooting a turkey. The head showed no sign of damage at all. I disassembled it and touched up the blades and used it to kill a hog the next day. It's back in my quiver, ready for another hunt.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I love the fix BH'S, Magnus Stinger may be the most accurate out there, the g5's and the SS Snuffers are found on my arrows also, Magnus have a life time warranty, hard to turn that down. there's a lot of good heads out there just find the one your bow shoots best, good luck.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Waif

Post by Waif »

UPSMAN wrote:BW,
If 50 people respond to this thread, you will most likely get 50 different answers. Here's my 2 cents worth. I'd stick with a quality fixed blade BH. Find one that is accurate out to 50 yds and use it to practice with. With a fixed blade, there is less to go wrong than if you choose a mechanical. There's not a mechanical made that can take the abuse that a good fixed blade can take. Lot's of good fixed blades on the market. I shoot the Muzzy MX3 and Muzzy Crossbow. They both shoot really great in my Equinox and are really durable. Probably one of the cheaper heads you will find. I had to use a wood chisel to remove one from a pine tree after shooting a turkey. The head showed no sign of damage at all. I disassembled it and touched up the blades and used it to kill a hog the next day. It's back in my quiver, ready for another hunt.
What grain broadhead?
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

I just bought a pack of 100Gr Grim Reaper Hybrids to use/try in my 355 for the upcoming season. They are half fixed and half mechanical

I havent shot them yet but if they fly anything like the 100Gr Grim Reaper X-bow Razortips I use in my Parker BlackHawk then they will do the job nicely!! The Razortips are completely mechanical
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I too shoot fixed blades.
Slick Trick - Std or Magnum or Xbow Trick
Magnus Stinger 2 blade
G5 Montec CS

All of these heads will stand up to a TON of abuse and with a quick touch up will be good to go again.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

abc's 125gr there coc fixed blade, i believe they were one the first short compact broadheads on the market; fly nice and do take some good amount of abuse. oh! they kill deer nicley.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Toxic Broadheads made by Flying Arrow Archery for me. 100gr heads out of my M380. I'm shooting 1 1/2" spots consistently at 65yards. I'll be testing them out to 110 yards eventually. All this working for a living seems to be interfering with my play time. Anyway, I shot two hogs, each almost 300lbs, with the same head last year using my old Exomax. Blood literally spraying/pouring non-stop to the animals. Can't say enough good stuff about them. As was mentioned, there's no shortage of great broadheads available and I also prefer fixed blades as long as they're pinpoint accurate. Test them before you hunt with them and gain confidence in their accuracy. Perfect placement will take care of the rest. Good luck.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Waif wrote:
UPSMAN wrote:BW,
What grain broadhead?
I shoot the 100 grain BH with a 92 grain brass insert on a GT Laser 3 bolt.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

IMO my 355 likes fixed slick tricks, mech heads it likes
Hammerheads 3 blade 2" cut very accurate, I use two bands on the HH to keep them closed out of the 355!
Rage two blade also we're accurate.
Rocket hammerheads are on sale at bass pro for $19.99 3 pk.Where do you live?
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

I shoot 2 different BH's
1) Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts
2) NAP Blood Runner

Magnus is my go to for deer and yotes
Nap I use for hog
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Magnus Buzzcuts!!!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
Lake Hunter

Post by Lake Hunter »

Ramcats.. Same as my fieldtips to 80 yards..
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have a few favorites but i seldom get to use them. I have so many others on my shelf that need to be tried out every Fall. The season ends before i get to use my favorites. I would have to shoot about a dz. tick toters to use one of my favorites :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315