Do i need fletching?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Do i need fletching?

Post by Masboy »

Had some black eagle executioners I made laying around unfletched that have plastic nocks,92gr brass inserts,125 fieldpoints with total weight of 405 gr an don had marked the spine on . My vixen was already sighted in with fletched arrows so I decided to try the unfletched ones Shooting at 1 inch dots at 30 yd in light breeze sitting on my rear like when I hunt an these were my first three shots testing three arrows.

I was so impressed I went back to 50yd an shot the same three arrows at the kill zone an the three arrows went under 2 inch group. They flew like darts an now wondering how they will fly with a expandable or maybe a ramcat? My not need fletching if I find the right broadheads :lol: More testing to come :mrgreen:

xcaliber

Re: Do i need fletching?

Post by xcaliber »

:shock: :shock:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

:shock: :shock: :lol: wow. Did I waste money on my blazers?? :lol:
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Wait til you put the BH'S on, with most that's where the trouble starts.
Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Nightstalker

Post by Nightstalker »

Here's another question concerning fetching. I'm looking into building my own arrows (bolts) so I started looking around for components. I discovered that the price for 2" Blazers varies wildly even with in the same supplier. For instant, 36 hot pink, Orange, red, white 2' blazers can be had for $19.99, while from the same supplier 36 tiger orange go for $36.00 or sometimes even higher!, what's up? Am I looking at the wrong items? and this is not just from one supplier checkout Amazon.ca. Maybe I'm not looking at the right thing here...Any help?
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I get the plain colors at lancaster archery supply for 14.99 per 100 an know the striped ones are higher an I think 26.oo per hundred?
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Never dreamed bare shafts would shoot like that !!!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Nightstalker wrote:Here's another question concerning fetching. I'm looking into building my own arrows (bolts) so I started looking around for components. I discovered that the price for 2" Blazers varies wildly even with in the same supplier. For instant, 36 hot pink, Orange, red, white 2' blazers can be had for $19.99, while from the same supplier 36 tiger orange go for $36.00 or sometimes even higher!, what's up? Am I looking at the wrong items? and this is not just from one supplier checkout Amazon.ca. Maybe I'm not looking at the right thing here...Any help?

....check out obsessionarchery on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281067565596?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

$13.49 per 100 of Blazer 2" mix and match your colors....free delivery...I have bought before and no issues....currently ordered an additional 200....

Happy fletching,

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Frank, that's what I call good tiller!
You're going to need fletchings if you want to shoot broadheads though!!!!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Bare shafts tend to shoot rather well wid field pts. Sooon as you put those BH's on, its every man fer hisself :lol: I buy logoed Blazers fer $14 per 100 solid color
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Maybe so but that just shows excalibur bows will shoot most anything accurate an That,s what I call good arrows :lol: :lol: going to try an find that magic broadhead with real fieldpoint accuracy that shoots we'll without fletching :lol: I get tired of shooting bulls with fletched arrows an now have a new challenge :lol:
Nightstalker

Post by Nightstalker »

[email protected] wrote:
Nightstalker wrote:Here's another question concerning fetching. I'm looking into building my own arrows (bolts) so I started looking around for components. I discovered that the price for 2" Blazers varies wildly even with in the same supplier. For instant, 36 hot pink, Orange, red, white 2' blazers can be had for $19.99, while from the same supplier 36 tiger orange go for $36.00 or sometimes even higher!, what's up? Am I looking at the wrong items? and this is not just from one supplier checkout Amazon.ca. Maybe I'm not looking at the right thing here...Any help?

$13.49 per 100 of Blazer 2" mix and match your colors....free delivery...I have bought before and no issues....currently ordered an additional 200....

Happy fletching,

Thanks for the link Anthony.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'd fletch them right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They just don't look right all grouped together like that and no vanes or feathers on them! :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

[email protected] wrote:

Happy fletching,

Yea I got 100 black Blazer last night 13.49 free shipping..Thought I would try the black but so far the green has been the best.
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I buy Blazers and Rayzrs here
http://www.eaglearchery.com/Archery-Vanes/

Cheap but not free shipping.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><