Blackout bumper questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ijb

Re: Blackout bumper questions

Post by ijb »

xcaliber wrote:Well, they do say read the entire manual! Also, there is a phone number if questions remain.There are videos here as well. That said, I study what I'm getting into. I had a very good working knowledge of these long before getting one. If people that intend to kill animals, or launch projectiles would spend a bit of time preparing, they would enjoy their time shooting, and hunting a whole lot more. I'm Pro Excalibur, and think that the storm of rookies has been overwhelming for all of the crossbow manufacturers. The difference is Excalibur fixes their issues, and takes care of their customers. Hind sight is 20/20! Instead of bitching about it, step up to help. If you're not a fan, you're on the wrong forum. The marketing people here actually read this stuff, and respond to their customers. Not likely to find that too many places! :shock:
Perhaps you misunderstand my comments. I am explaining my experience and agreeing with other new users who had similar experiences. My comments are indeed intended as suggestion to help Excalibur serve and support its customers better. I have spoken with Excalibur when I had questions and I got very good support. I am not complaining, I am trying to help.

Criticizing new users for being new and inexperienced hardly seems helpful.
Matrix 380
Trigger Tech 2.5# 2 stage trigger
Redfield Revenge scope
C2 crank
Boo

Post by Boo »

monstermash wrote:If I may add my 2c, just the fact that the scopes don't react the same as rifle scopes, it took me awhile to realize that by adjusting the speed ring, it was actually widening or narrowing the spacing between the distance markers inside the scope (except the 20 yard marker), but nobody was actually saying this although they were trying to explain it to me in other ways. That's when I held the scope and turned the speed ring up and down did I see the ranges changing inside the scope. I couldn't figure it out until the "light" came on. I've always hunted with a rifle scope which of course doesn't use this.
Excalibur does a great job explaining a lot of details but there is still room for improvement for the rookies, some of those purchasers are first time crossbow owners.
No, they don't explain that. What you noticed is why you can adjust the various reference points to 20/30/40/50 yards. When I first adjusted mine, it never hit me that that is what is happening. I guess I was just following instructions mindlessly because I was inundated with way too much new stuff. No light came on until much later! :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I do that a lot. Not aiming at anyone here! Just saying in general that WE, as knowledgeable owners, and self proclaimed fans should try to help. It is a shame as Boo said that the shops make 2 mistakes, missing the sale of necessary items, and sending what is perhaps a loyal customer of theirs out to fail. Only makes for bad chatter!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
strum

Post by strum »

after thinking about it. I retract my earlier statement of they should include the stringing aid. heres the deal.. :D
I just purchased a small carry hangun. the cost of the gun was fair but It was right at my spending limit.
well dang it.. needed ammo ..then a carry holster..then a case..then cleaning stuff.. my point is.. that's the way it is. what ever we buy theres always some thing eles that we have to purchase. when I researched Excalibur crossbows..i knew right off I had to have the stringing aid along with whatever else e.g. target, arrows, broad heads, puller ,.. the list never stops either.. so its not Excalibur's or even the dealer.(although they should help)
when you by the bow its up to you to maintain it.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Amen!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
monstermash

Post by monstermash »

Almost Amen. I want to close or at least put an ending to it. Final result is that my son finally got to speak to the owner of the shop. He explained where the string setting should be and the fact that it was not right when he left the store. Apparently the owner got on the phone with Excalibur and they exchanged information leading to the fact that the owner did not know what needed to be done to the bows so the buyer could leave the store and enjoy the bow at that point.

I will not point fingers at anyone. End result is that my son got new bumpers and his string adjusted properly at no charge.
Again, I think that Excalibur should put an orange letter size paper inside each of their boxes explaining to whoever opens the box what the string brace height needs to be and the dealer should then pass that info on to the buyer so he can keep his bow string properly adjusted (and possibly sell their string adjuster along with the bow).
Matrix Mega 405
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Sorry, just catching up here and noticed this thread.
I think it would be wise for Excalibur to make these shops get training, just like Mathews does. The shops ignorance casts a bad shadow on the Excalibur brand, and that threatens their future!
Agreed and yes we do this constantly. Every year we meet with the entire staff for many of the Big Box stores and spend days training them on everything Excalibur. Plus, we have special reps that constantly visit each store explaining how to use our products. My experience is since these stores are so large staff moves around a lot so making sure everybody is an expert on our product line is a challenge.

We are looking at ways to better educate the end user with videos, instructions and labeling to help the person buying a new crossbow what other items they should consider purchasing. There is always room for improvement in the educational side. My best advise is if your looking to buy a new crossbow do some research, utilize this awesome forum to gain as much knowledge as possible before purchasing. A little research will avoid any disappointments.

Peter
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

BTW, we do have a new crossbow instruction manual that explains everything in more detail including the scope operation. The link is here:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/conten ... ion_manual

This manual is more than twice the size compared of the old one and we tried to provide as much information as possible. But, we are always looking at ways to improve.

Peter