rage crossbow broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

littlekitch

rage crossbow broadheads

Post by littlekitch »

After using spitfire mechanicals for 4 years I couldn't find any after visiting 3 different bow shops in my area.With deer season coming fast I bought 2 bladed 2 inch Rage slip cam mechanicals 100 grain.Has anyone shot these and how do you rate them?
Carnivorous

Re: rage crossbow broadheads

Post by Carnivorous »

I used them for years for my Ibex. They will get the job done. Just make sure the blades are seated properly after loading an arrow. I switched over to NAP heads myself and they are now my go to BH.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I iae the Rage Xtreme, with great results.
No more rubber bands.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

They shoot same POI as field points for me .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Just a heads up...I am selling Rage BH's on the trading post. Never used...I used to use them with my Barnett Quad 400 which is being sold....I settled in on the 100g Spitfires...

If anyone is interested take a look.

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
galamb

Post by galamb »

Used Rage KE 40's (2 blade) with my recurve bow when I first went to mechanicals.

When I started shooting the x-bow, picked up some Rage II's (100 grain).

They group great and go in the same hole as the field tip - BUT, despite the positive reviews of many (and the millions spent on marketing) I was never impressed with the blood trail from them so relegated them to my "back-up" broadheads.

I found (now discontinued) G5 Tekan II's far superior for a blood trail. And while the G5 Havoc looks similar and the G5 T3's look awesome, I have yet to try either.

I did pick up (on sale) some NAP Bloodrunners (2 blade hybrid) - jury is still out on these - they "deployed" on me upon firing and due to the orientation of the blades, the lower blade clipped the foot stirrup on the x-bow and launched them into outer space (took two shots before I figured what the issue was) - after orienting the blades horizontally, they fly awesome with the added feature that you have 1 1/2" of blade "without" being deployed and almost 2 1/2" when they do.

The second blade I have tried this year was some new/old stock "undertakers" (now called the 3 blade Meat Seeker) - I love these - fly great, and putting giant cuts in my broadhead target, penetrating all the way through and sticking out minimally 6 to 8" on the far side of the foam - the one downside is the little rubber bands used to keep the blades set (they are rear deployed, but still have the keeper band).

My long winded point is - if you want to be with the "IN" crowd, shoot the Rage's - they shoot fine and will drop Bambi, but in my opinion, after shooting two of their offerings is, there are far better blades available in the mechanical market.

Unless you are trying to reach out to 50 or 60 yards I would go with a 3 blade mechanical, they fly with field point accuracy out of any Excalibur bow out to 40 yards (I shoot a Vixen II with heavy arrows) - the more blood you can get "gushing out" the quicker Bambi will hit the dirt.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I have been using them with confidence. Here is the buck I shot last year with the 100 grain Rage crossbow broadhead. I shot this deer with my old Vortex which I sold and used the proceeds for my new 355. They will get it done! If you do not like mechanicals try the 100 grain Slick Trick standard. They and the Rage head fly great!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
kmaxwell5

Post by kmaxwell5 »

Shot my first Rage at a 7pt Saturday afternoon. At 20 yards it expanded great on entry and exit hole was same size. Great blood trail also he did not go more than 50 yards after shot. I am shooting the Axiom.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Congrats on you deer kmaxwell5! I hope I am as successful as you this year!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ