sky rocket

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

Re: sky rocket

Post by LongCarbine »

I am not trying to tell ANYONE that they are mistaken but sometimes it's our own fault thing don't work right. On Rage and some other expandable's we put them together wrong or have a quiver that pushes against the blades causing them to damage the o-ring or collar. As hunters we are always making sure our fixed heads are tight and not damage . Check your expandable's for damage also .It might save you a lot of trouble.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Put 100 grain field points on your arrows and sight the bow in. Then put the 100 grain G5's on and try them. If they fly good, use them. You will have the faith and confidence in your equipment to take out one of those big boys roaming your property. One less thing to worry about. Good luck this season youngguns!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

you are the one that is behind the trigger and the broadhead does the work . if you are shooting good find a head that is flying good for you , no matter how big or small it is if you put it in the right spot .you don't have to worry. don't forget the Bolt cutter from Excal. they fly like darts. and taken lots of BIG game.
W.M.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Slick tricks shoot very well, for mech I use Hammerheads 2" cut 3 blade with 2 bands on them and I have %100 confidence in them and they leave a blood trail anyone can follow.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Thanks guys appreciate all knowledge, sighted in g5 strikers to bullseye now going to give it a try on one of the boys at the farm!! Feeling confident in broadhead :D thanks again guys Youngguns
A stupid question is a question never asked
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

good luck .hope every thing works out for you . :) :) :)
typical10

Post by typical10 »

I practice every night with rages mounted on 18" zombies and they r bad ass accurate, I get two shots from each plastic collar. jeff~
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I quit using mechanicals after the first one I ever used opened up on a 25 yd shot. Deer just stood there and walked off. Never hit the deer never found the arrow. No saying there are not some good Mech's out there I feel better with a fixed blade broad head.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Love them until you hate them! Good aim, no game! :shock: Go with fixed, don't get Nixed! 8) I know I paid for a lot of commercials! :shock:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

do ramcats or slicktricks proven bhs