ATOM BROADHEADS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

ATOM BROADHEADS

Post by paulaboutform »

Has anyone tried these. They're the razor wire broadheads. I've got a two pack of the titanium 100gr broadheads and a three pack of the regular 100gr broadheads that I've never tried. I was going to try them on a hog hunt last year but tried the toxic broadheads first and after the results i had i haven't been able to try anything else. Spot Hogg tests countless broadheads and told me they are the most accurate broadheads they've ever tested but said they left a sparse bloodtrail. Comments?
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
galamb

Re: ATOM BROADHEADS

Post by galamb »

Don't want to hi-jack your thread here.

I looked at the Atom's but looked way too funky to even try out - seemed like one of those products that "they made because they could, not because it actually solved an issue etc".

(first thought was that they were for bow fishing)

I do have a question about the Toxic's - can you sharpen them or have you even tried?

I always look for a durable head that not only "stands up", but can be resharpened a number of times before ultimately replacing the blades. When I looked at the Toxic's they appear to be (beveled) only sharpened on one side and being circular could think of no effective way, save a circular diamond needle file, to sharpen them up (which could be a challenge).
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

The toxics are only beveled on one side. This is done so if they come in contact with bones etc.. they will only open outward. Not implode on themselves rendering them useless. Personally, I've shot a 260lbs then 292lbs hog with the same broadheads. However, after the second hog one of the blades slightly opened so I changed the blade. I wouldn't bother attempting to re-sharpen the blades. I like being able to just change them out. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
galamb

Post by galamb »

Thanks, that answered my concern with them.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS