Matrix 380 Mechanical Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

galamb

Re: Matrix 380 Mechanical Broadheads

Post by galamb »

I too have had good results with Rage 40 KE's from my vertical bow but didn't like the results in my crossbow so moved along.

But none of that is the point. His trust in them is now shot (literally) - whether he got some bad heads, didn't set them up properly or whatever the reason.

The bottom line is, if you doubt the results before you pull the trigger you are already on a path to failure.

There are enough broadheads out there that nobody has to shoot something they don't feel comfortable shooting.

After shooting Rage heads I have chose not too because I have found others that perform better - doesn't make them useless or bad and doesn't mean they haven't taken thousands of deer or they won't work well for you - they just won't be taking "my deer"
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
wgreer13

Post by wgreer13 »

Thanks for all the input.... :D . Going to test the New Archery Products Spitfire Crossbow Mechanical Broadheads. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,... :D
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

My 355 shoots Rocket hammerheads 2" cut 3 blades with no problems.Use two bands to keep them closed.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Dave31

Post by Dave31 »

NAP kill zones are incredible, shot 4 deer with em, killed all 4. Shot a nice 8pt on the second day of Ohio's season this year. Perfect quartering away shot hit him just a little to far back. No matter, he went 20 yards and dumped. If I knew how to up load picks I'd show you the wound, 2 inch gash that knocked this big guy out! Make sure to pay attention to the pack, it lists in small print if the broad head is for compound or crossbows. Make sure you get the right one. These were made for crossbows up to 400fps and they have really worked great out of my 380!
Hope this helps, good luck.
ds762

Post by ds762 »

SEW wrote:NAP FOC - 11 deer shot, 6 were DRT and 5 fell w/i sight. They need a good practice point. A 170g fp is not a good substitute .
What do you use as a practice tip for the FOC broadhead?
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Riflemanz wrote:My 355 shoots Rocket hammerheads 2" cut 3 blades with no problems.Use two bands to keep them closed.
I keep one of these in the quiver for my old Vixen - no problem opening on impact with double bands. 2" cut = BIG HOLE.

My other "fly like fieldpoint" broadhead (fixed) is the Carbon Express CrossCuts. Nasty holes in my target. No actually deer testing with them yet.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

wgreer13 wrote:Thanks for all the input.... :D . Going to test the New Archery Products Spitfire Crossbow Mechanical Broadheads. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,... :D

Love my 100g Spitfires with my Zombie Slayers. Total setup with Lumenoks, wrap, 2" Blazers and 92g insert comes to 415g.

....very happy!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Exit wound from a NAP 170 grain FOC:

I could almost fit my fist in it.

Shot with a 405, but I'm sure the 380 would create a similar hole.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend