Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gametrail

Post by gametrail »

I just got my new 380 and was wanting to know the hold down spring is about 1/8 inch from arrow. It should be on it right? Also I chose to use a vari zone scope, but I think I messed up 10 & 20 & 30 group is good when I go to 50 it is 4 to 5 inches high. The speed ring only goes to 350 so will this scope work? Thanks for any help I can get. I really like the size and weight of this bow.
hunt2sleep

Re: 380

Post by hunt2sleep »

If you're saying that the arrow retainer doesn't actually touch the arrow when it's loaded then that's a problem. Check its screws to make sure they're tight. If that's not the problem, you can just bend it a little to where it will hold the arrow. As for the scope, the Varizone won't work unless you shoot arrows heavy enough to lower your speed to the 350 fps range. I would get a different scope.
Phoenix
Matrix 380 Xtra
Exomax
Matrix G340
Klingons do not hunt because they need food. The hunt is a ritual that reminds us of where we come from. - Lieutenant Worf
quickbiscuit

Post by quickbiscuit »

You would need to be shooting 425-450gr total arrow weight to make that scope work at the 350fps setting. Also, are you saying that you have the center crosshair set at 10 yards? I'm pretty sure that should be 20, 30, 40, and 50 yd increments so that could also be throwing things off.
Excalibur Matrix 380 Xtra
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

I used the center cross hairs for 20. I thought it was more than likely the scope. Thanks for the help everyone. I will have to get the scope changed as soon as I can.