Now the Micro, What's Next?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Now the Micro, What's Next?

Post by Big Woods »

I'm new to crossbows and bought a Matrix 355 (hunted with it exactly twice this fall and killed deer with it both times). Now the Micro is here and I wish I would have known it was coming. What do you think the next upgrades will include and does anyone have suggetions on the best place to sell my as new 355?

Thanks!
mr meat

Re: Now the Micro, What's Next?

Post by mr meat »

Put it in the tradeing post!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
cdwester

Post by cdwester »

Second that, the Trading post.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...Excalibur is testing the first "recurve, remote control drone".... :shock: :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RidgeReaperZ13

Post by RidgeReaperZ13 »

Dont think there will be a whole lot more different coming out then the Micro in a while.. Maybe one thats slightly faster but the Micro already got a 270lbs draw so the new one wouldnt have my interest thats for sure.. with the Micro being the new 2015 bow its going to be the Hot new bow for excal for a while.. I love my new Micro and the main reason of buying it was the super short limbs which was my main complaint about my Vortex among some other things like the grip and stuff.. But for me the Micro will be my go too for along time!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Funny! I want one so my feet stay warm! :lol: :lol:

X3 on trading post. You have to really want the 335 to sell the 355! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

RidgeReaper, my reply was supposed to be above yours, sorry! I'm with on the go to bow, hard to beat the Micro!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
RidgeReaperZ13

Post by RidgeReaperZ13 »

xcaliber wrote:RidgeReaper, my reply was supposed to be above yours, sorry! I'm with on the go to bow, hard to beat the Micro!
LOL.. Ok..
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

This may be a stupid question, but where is the Trading Post?
cjonesth

Post by cjonesth »

Select Board Index at the top left and then select Trading Post.
Matrix 405, Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie arrows, NAP FOC
Bulldog 400 Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie Arrows
Bulldog 330 Hawke Pro SR IR, Zombie Arrows
Matrix 355, Twilight DLX, Zombie Arrows
Micro Max Nightmare, Hawke XB30 Pro, TTT, Zombie arrows,
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

It seems every time I get my bow to that "perfect" point, Excal comes up with another unit I have to have. My first Excal was a Vixen II, then came the Exocet, then the Ibex, then the 355, then the 330 and now the Micro 335 (which is already on order- God I love this sport). Whatever Excal Engineers have in the shute I will want to look at. I feel they will probably come up with a Vixen Micro--- a 200 pound-ish mini, (maybe even in pink) for the significant others, and one with crossbones camo for younger future hunters. If so, I might have to have one of those too for my grandkids. In any event I haven't seen an armored car backed up to a funeral yet. If I want it, I will probably get it. I shoot Browning and Beretta over and unders, and a Benelli auto shotgun. Life is too short not to shoot the best....Cheers............... :D
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

x2 mr mister b
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

EXCALIBUR RELEASED THE MATRIX AFTER YEARS OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING (whoops, caps on. too lazy to delete) about width and I never thought they would be able to make a reliable short, narrow package like the matrix line, so I bought one when they brought it out. then the 405 ( I saw that one coming) and then wammo! the mini. Who knew they could go that compact! I would say that its hard to make many more changes, but if history serves as any example and they want to keep people talking/buying Excalibur crossbows there is must be something waiting in the wings.

moral of the story: don't get caught up in not having the latest and greatest. it rarely lasts long.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm bad for business. I've shot almost every Excalibur xbow that has come out in the last 10 years and although I love them all, I keep thinking that when it comes down to it my old brown Vixen will get the job done just as well.

Might cost me a couple of points at the further distances at 3D, but it gives me an excuse for not taking 1st place. :lol:

Now if that Micro comes out in a teeny bit lower poundage which would make tournament shooting shooting sweeter I would be sorely tempted.... 8)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
RidgeReaperZ13

Post by RidgeReaperZ13 »

one shot scott wrote:EXCALIBUR RELEASED THE MATRIX AFTER YEARS OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING (whoops, caps on. too lazy to delete) about width and I never thought they would be able to make a reliable short, narrow package like the matrix line, so I bought one when they brought it out. then the 405 ( I saw that one coming) and then wammo! the mini. Who knew they could go that compact! I would say that its hard to make many more changes, but if history serves as any example and they want to keep people talking/buying Excalibur crossbows there is must be something waiting in the wings.

moral of the story: don't get caught up in not having the latest and greatest. it rarely lasts long.
I agree.. I had my Vortex for 4 years since i switched from shooting vertical compound. But i always wanted a shorter more compact excalibur and ive been waiting in the wings for one to come out. I was even tempted to buy a wheel crossbow but just couldnt do it. Plus i had other small issues with the Vortex that were also addressed with the new Micro like anti dry fire, string stops, better grip so your fingers dont get in the way of the string when your not paying attention..lol... So for me the Micro is the perfect excalibur crossbow ive been praying and waiting for and have no reason to ever care about the latest and greatest.. Completely satisfied!!! As i think many will be!