Matrix 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DirtyDeeds

Matrix 330

Post by DirtyDeeds »

Hello I just picked up a Matrix 330 and have a few questions.

What is the difference between the R.E.D.S and the S5 system. I know they go on differently but is one a better system than the other?

Also...

The scope that came on the crossbow has a mark inside. It catches the light and is as bright as the reticle when I look through the scope. It looks like either excess glue/epoxy from when they put the glass in or a grove in the metal ring but I'm not sure. I've compared this to the scope on my brothers Axiom and his is clear right through. I find this blemish, while small and right near the outer edge is quite noticeable when it catches the light. I asked my brother to look through the scope before I mentioned anything wrong and as he looked he asked me what that was inside the scope.

Should I call Excalibur directly or just go back to the dealer with the issue. This is my first crossbow, my brother swears by Excalibur and has been hunting with his for many years now. I know they are a good product but I am a little disappointed given the fact I just bought this yesterday and I am hoping to use it this week. lol I'm not relishing the though of going back to the store either as it was swamped on Saturday.

Below is a picture of the scope. I've marked the image where the blemish is.

xcaliber

Re: Matrix 330

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats on the 330, the two use the same bumpers, so mounting is the only difference. If you can go to the dealer and swap scopes, that would be the quickest fix.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DirtyDeeds

Re: Matrix 330

Post by DirtyDeeds »

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to using it as soon as possible. :)

Tha's funny SEW :lol:

I live very close to Excalibur in Kitchener, I was speaking to Don today and he said I could just drop by or go back to the store. I'm going to drop by Excalibur tomorrow and get it sorted. I've heard good things about them from many people and personally I like the idea of supporting US/Canadian businesses and it's even better if they are employing people in our region.