Disgusted!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ehntr

Re: Disgusted!

Post by ehntr »

Razor cut wrote:I would like to know why some of you in Ontario Canada have to be so negative towards other people in this forum? We are all on here for the same reason to increase our knowledge on xbows and to meet people. Please keep your comments to yourself and keep this forum Positive.
Stereotyping is never helpful.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

jeepfreak wrote:WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: Someone got upon the wrong side of the forum!!! If your not interested in the post no one is making you read it !!!
There is the problem right there. I read every post that has to do with bows, and have for a very long time.
I skip posts about SPAM!, and other off topic stuff. But when a post is made and the title is vague, I think that just for a moment a person may have a problem with a bow, or need advice for hunting.
A single word post title does not give a person a chance to skip the thread, it is an intentional whore post to make people read even if it is just a personal rant.
For instance, if the thread was called " I seen garbage and it hurt my feelings", I would have skipped it, and moved on to a thread that may actually involve hunting or bows. I assure you, the person who started the thread knows that, so he makes thread titles that draw people in on the pretense there may be substance in line with bows, or hunting.
I don't dislike the guy, but I really don't care if his car keys arnt where he left them, or that his shoes were 3" apart then where he left them.
Vague thread titles are a pet peave of mine, but when they are done for the sole purpose of making peiple read, it is a new low.
I read everything on this forum, always have. But it is old habit. Believe it or not, there was a time the hunting part of the forum had hunting stuff. People talked about their bow or their hunt and nothing else. It is NOT a place to air laundry, or put up off topic posts for the simple purpose of attention whoring.
New guys with a passion for hunting have no idea what this forum was based on. That is obvious with the santa poop posts from new guys. Seriously, this used to be an informative place. I learned a tremendous amount here in my early days, but ALL the guys who presented information in those days have left, because the posts that are made to tell people they put thier right sock on before thier left drove them away. What sucks, is the misleading post names don't tell you the post is just going to be a "look at me" thread, so the post whores have learned to make a title that draws in everyone. Some, with class will actually say "o/t", so those of us who come here for crossbows and hunting know what to skip. Others, use titles to draw people in, then make long posts about why thier dog faces the wind when it shits.

I don't mind guys who have been here a year or two thinking I am upset, I actually enjoy it. But this damn drivel every freaking day has to stop.
I am a hunter, I come here to read about hunting. I met some of my best friends here. It goes back to when a new thread was made it was made to educate about our bows, or our experience in the field with them. Now, it is a sad shadow of what it once was. The drivel has pushed our best members away.

And finally.. My Christmas was off the charts in awesomeness. I wish anyone, anywhere could have a fraction of what my life has.
Sad is when I take a break from the world to read about bows and hunting I now have to sift through bullshit to find it.
Not angry, not resentful, just a hunter who misses what once was.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TPM

Post by TPM »

Swamp Donky wrote:Bill said it best! Matrix Changes Everything... The "Sanbox" just got bigger,folks! If you can't play nice, git-out... :idea:
Things changed here long before the Matrix came along. To a point I agree with Pyd, the content here isn't what it used to be. Not knocking the O/T stuff but this forum used to be almost exclusively about Excalibur crossbows and associated gear. It was a great place to trade tips and tricks and get answers to technical questions. To an extent it's still that way but the lines between the "crossbow" section and the "off topic" section have certainly blurred. Whether that's a good thing or not is not something I'll not comment on but I do spent a lot less time on this forum than I used to. Maybe that's the natural evolution of these forums as social media as a way of life creeps more and more into our lives and people find it necessary to "lay it all out" on line, I don't know.
Either way, a lot of good people are no longer part of this forum for various reasons but there are still a lot of good people here which is why I still check in every once in awhile.
Last edited by TPM on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

bubba wrote:Peed Piper and norm .....
Sometimes after I post I have to read it over and over again to makesure I don't feel childish.
Name calling makes my proofreading a moot point.
I don't stoop to those levels, I speak my mind with factual premise. Pretty creative on your part though.

Those who say this is on topic with hunting.. I disagree. The peiple who left the garbage were likely not hunters. I know this because when I find garbage I don't go to the Internet to whine, I dig through, find the original owner and return it.
Litter is absolutly not a hunting related topic.
Strings, limb failure, triggers, deer and turkey are. I see litter everywhere I go, never associated it to hunting. Never thought about complaining online either.
Seeing it while you are hunting does NOT make it a hunting related topic, nor does a flat tire on the way to your hunting spot.
This forum has gone downhill. Childish name calling proves that.
If the sandbox has indeed gotten bigger, it may be time to step back and look at it like a hunting forum again, opposed to a playground. Irony is not not lost.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

xcaliber wrote:I went to a new spot this morning that was about a 50 minutes drive. It is a State Owned piece of property that is managed by the Fish & Wildlife dept. Not too many people understand the laws of Indiana, and the rights we have as hunters, but that is a long write there, so i won't get into that here! We drove by this place about a week ago on a windy day after hunting nearby early in the morning, before the trees gave us a ride! :lol:
It looks very promising with a small area to park for maybe 4 vehicles. We went there to hunt this morning, and although we did not kill a deer, we did see several! Coming out of the woods, right next to my truck was a huge pile of garbage! Some IDIOT is trying to send a message, or is just a pig! Either way, not cool in my book.
Yes, I'm hunting there again soon! 8) Yes, we picked up all their trash too!
I read MOST of the post as HUNTING related, with just a few lines about the trash (which IMHO IS related).
If you don't like to read Dan's posts, why even open them? If you do read them and don't like what he wrote, why not just move on to another post instead of taking time to insult him?
I've been a member here since before this forum even existed (the old forum on the old server). It used to be ONE forum with no sub-forums (Other topics, Trading Post, etc.) and as I remember there were a LOT of posts about topics not related to crossbows, crossbow accessories, and hunting.
If I had a deer call to sell I just posted it on the forum. If my truck broke down and I wanted an opinion on the best way to fix it I just posted on the forum. If I wanted to buy a used crankaroo........yep, you guessed it! :lol:

What HAS changed is that the old forum had a lot smaller membership and most of us respected one another, and respected the other person's ideas and opinions. We didn't go out of our way to call someone a liar, fool, or troublemaker or start a "flame war". We usually just ignored what we didn't agree with unless it was going to get someone injured (as in unsafe shooting practices).

I'd like to see the forum go back to those standards!
I'm not trying to attack anyone's integrity or actions, I'd just like to see us put a little more effort into agreeing that we all have the right to disagree - with courtesy and respect!!!!!!!!!!

I've called Dan out for posting a picture in the past, and I've had a couple arguments with David over posts I made in the past. I've also sold both of those guys deer calls and would like to consider both as friends. We can agree, or we can disagree, but let's keep it civil and respectful - the forum will benefit, and that means we ALL benefit!
We can even have different memories of how it (the forum) was, but let's work together to make it even better in the future!
wabi
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Wabi....I could not agree with you more...I have ALWAY tried to keep my discussions to the point of trying to NEVER attack the person only the subject if I disagree...We can agree to disagree...this forum most likely has grown to it's current following as the Excalibur line has grown. More and more people share stories of their experiences and each and everyone of us has told our friends and other hunters about the best bow and company on the market.

This forum has had to have done something right over these last couple of years because there have been posts of new members which have followed the forum or "lurked" for a period of time before joining....I would assume they joined because they liked what they saw and wanted to be a part of it.

I think that if this forum just stayed at a superficial level of "how many twists do I turn my string to raise my brace height?" You wouldn't have the amount of people stepping up to the plate when someone is in need and helping people with their crossbow needs even if it cost them money...

...Yes, anytime anything grows; a family, a church, an organization, anything at all there will be those who don't like change saying, "it's not the same"...that's fine. Some will come and some will go for whatever reasons that they choose.

....again I think Wabi put the exclamation point on how he said what he said...

...come on...picking on each other, arguing about a title of a post, or it's not hunting enough or on point enough...I think we are ALL better than that...at least I hope we are.

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Right on wabi and Anthony
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
Mason34

Post by Mason34 »

I too come here for knowledge, but sometimes I get a kick out of grown a$$ men worrying about what someone else is writing or what there opinion is! My short time on this forum has made me confident in what I do with my bow, made me confident in trying to sell my point to someone that is in the market for a new cb that Excalibur is the bow to have! So that being said before you bash Dan for his post how many my limbs have cracks, my bow is fast, my scope sucks, I have all the money in the world and every top of the line accesory now it's for sale, my braodheads better post do you want to read? Dan I think your a stand up guy I read all your post keep them coming! If you don't like them move on his name is in black obviously you can read! Not that it means anything to the situation but I saw a bunch of guys contribute to a hunter down on his luck (Dan supplied arras) a whole lot of stuff free of charge you just don't see that everyday!!!!!
Micro 335,Nikon Bolt, Xcaliber(Dan) strings and 15.5 Zombie Slayers!!
Bow Hunt Everything!!!!
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

CC
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

I'm just trying to lighten the mood. I fully apologize for it not being hunting related. :wink:
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

njlungbuster wrote:Image

I'm just trying to lighten the mood. I fully apologize for it not being hunting related. :wink:
We will let this one slide. Get it! Banana, slide. Help me I am slipping one in here. Make it stop. :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, it is way to early for cabin fever. :)
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Seems to be some comprehension issues here.
I am simply stating that the forum was once known as Asa wealth of information on crossbows, and hunting with them.
Since my first post in this thread I have got got a lot of messages and emails from senior members who I thought were long gone, apparently they arnt. They read but no longer post. Why?
There was was a time this forum was known for insight and precision. When When a person had an issue it was dealt with, with class and knowledge.
Now, if someone shows up with with a problem they are called a troll, pictures are demanded in exchange for an apology.
Some forget that this forum makes up a fraction of actual Excalibur users, and that people sometimes join join a firm for the sole purpose or resolving actual product issue. Personaly do it all the time. I own stuff, and found product based forums to solve an issue. I know that being the new guy with with a problem I will be criticized. But not the way some are here.
No longer can actual re new person sift through posts to find find a resolution, it has been murkied with drivel. Vague topic names being the hardest on actual information seeking.
In this case, I pointed out the most obvious recent post.
I agree the forum is also a place for friendship and day to day events, so does the administration, to keep it informative he designed an off topic section to keep the water from graying. Yet, factual posts are a rare occurrence here these days.
I personally don't care what the opinion is of me for pointing this out, cute pictures and jabs are expected, and encouraged. But if one post whore tames it down for just one post, it will make hundreds of people's lives easier on their quest for information.
For some reason I am failing to connect garbage with crossbows and crossbow hunting. Litter is everywhere. But still not why I initially responded. The title. . It was made to draw attention. Saying I should skip Dans post is not really an option, I had no idea what it was leading to, nor did anyone else. If it had "o/t" in the title, I would have skipped it without a second thought. I thought maybe there was something new to learn, there wasn't. A mere fluff post.
WMU 91
Boo string
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

Lighten up guys , Its the season when we are suppose to be friendly.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

CC
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

colouredchameleon wrote:
JUDGE wrote:Lighten up guys , Its the season when we are suppose to be friendly.
Agreed x 2
I suspect thought now that the hunting seasons are coming to an end and cabin fever sets in that this type of nonsense may worsen. May even get a bit childish :roll:
"OH MY GOSH!" :shock:
it seems it may already have. :wink:

....I am staying in "time-out" until 4.15.15! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings