Quiver options, advice?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mister B

Re: Quiver options, advice?

Post by Mister B »

I use a Kwikee quiver and mount the base directly on the bow on top so the arrows lay perpendicular to the rail. I simply use industrial double stick foam on the bottom of the base and run one mounting screw through one of the holes already in the bow and tighten it. Never had one work loose with the double stick tape and one screw. It's light, handy, on top and when mounted my Leupold scope looks right below the arrows in the quiver. I can shoot with the quiver on or off. I've got this set up on all my bows and it works flawlessly. BTW, the quiver base has a spring with a red thumb tip on a little flat spring. I remove it completely and use the thumb screw that comes on the quiver to lock the quiver in place just like you do with the Excal quivers. Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

depending on size of bh i use 1in or 1.5 pvc pipe block one end put in back pack no extra weight cut to lengthof arrow works great
jeepfreak

Post by jeepfreak »

Game Plan has a fanny pack w/qiver mounts on right side , like there sling bag. :D
Brown Vixen
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Top quiver mount on mine, got mine from Wyvern before he stopped selling them individually. The bottom quiver mount was the one thing I hated about my Exocet especially when using a sling or laying my bow on the ground it always got in the way.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
rockyhollowhunter

Post by rockyhollowhunter »

Thanks Swamp appreciate it :D
crp

Post by crp »

Mister B wrote:I use a Kwikee quiver and mount the base directly on the bow on top so the arrows lay perpendicular to the rail. I simply use industrial double stick foam on the bottom of the base and run one mounting screw through one of the holes already in the bow and tighten it. Never had one work loose with the double stick tape and one screw. It's light, handy, on top and when mounted my Leupold scope looks right below the arrows in the quiver. I can shoot with the quiver on or off. I've got this set up on all my bows and it works flawlessly. BTW, the quiver base has a spring with a red thumb tip on a little flat spring. I remove it completely and use the thumb screw that comes on the quiver to lock the quiver in place just like you do with the Excal quivers. Cheers
Mister B, do you have a picture of that set up? Thanks
Matrix 355, Leupold VX 2 1x4, 17" BEE's, Shuttle T Broadheads
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Here are a few pictures of my Kwikee quiver mounted on my 355. I have been using a Kwikee quiver for years, I just take it off the bow when on stand. I do not use a sling when I carry my crossbow, I just put it on one of my shoulders when walking. When walking through the thick stuff I just hold it in my hands.
I used a small block of wood with a bolt through it and the riser. It's a little redneck but it did not cost me a dime. This is going to work perfectly, thank you very much for the idea Mister B.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ