Problems using a Excalibur stringing aid

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

New guy

Problems using a Excalibur stringing aid

Post by New guy »

I have a new matrix 355
Find calking the bow easy

But using the stringing aid, as per instructions, to loosen the string was a beast
I took a friend and I together to get it
He is a long time Excalibur owner
Put it this way we would have done a 380
We did shorten the string a few inches, maybe should have shortened more

Can anyone describe their method of using the stringing aid please
cspot

Re: Problems using a Excalibur stringing aid

Post by cspot »

Hook the rope cocker to the stringing aid rope the same way you do when you cock the bow. Makes it easy to pull back.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
strum

Post by strum »

cspot wrote:Hook the rope cocker to the stringing aid rope the same way you do when you cock the bow. Makes it easy to pull back.
you want to adjust the length of the stringing aid to just long enough to get it over the limbs easily . then like cspot said ..use your rope cocker.youll find it works great.
I have to say I think you are the 3rd "new guy" so you may want to pick a different user name..

oh and welcome to the forum :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
New guy

Post by New guy »

cspot wrote:Hook the rope cocker to the stringing aid rope the same way you do when you cock the bow. Makes it easy to pull back.
This was not in the instructions that came with the rope cocker
But sounds easy now...

Thanks
cspot

Post by cspot »

New guy wrote:
This was not in the instructions that came with the rope cocker
But sounds easy now...

Thanks
Most of us did the same thing you did when we bought our first Excal. The older bows it is much easier to do without the rope cocker since the limbs flexed alot more since they are longer. The Matrix and Micro are a different story though.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Don't feel bad..... I did it your way for four years thru four different excal models . I then called mr miller to order a new aid and he straightened me out ! :shock: :oops:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

If you have a C2 crank it is even easier.
You don't need to fully cock the stringing aid. Just crank it up enough (with the anti reverse lever engaged) so the string is loose enough to come off the limbs - that's if you want to take the string off completely. Or just remove one side and twist the string and put back on if you are making adjustments.
To be safe, I make sure to never put any part of my hand inside the triangle area where the string aid is pulled and work with the Xbow string strictly outside of the stringing aid plastic limb holders.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Look on this site there is a video of bill from Excalibur showing how to properly use the stringing aid, don't get no better than that..........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

I just unstrung my 380 an hour ago....for the off season. I have a 380 and my stringer rope is as it came from the factory. I install the blocks over each limb end. Now pull the rope up and under the arrow hold down finger. Then place bow safety in the up ( fire) position. Attach the cocking rope to the rope the same you would the bow string, using both hands one on each cocking rope handle foot in sturup pull up as you would to cock the bow the stringing rope will catch in the trigger release mechanism. Now just reach down and remove one end of the string off the end of one limb and reverse to decock the stringing rope as you would decock the bow at the end of the day.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
New guy

Post by New guy »

Michiganhunter wrote:I just unstrung my 380 an hour ago....for the off season. I have a 380 and my stringer rope is as it came from the factory. I install the blocks over each limb end. Now pull the rope up and under the arrow hold down finger. Then place bow safety in the up ( fire) position. Attach the cocking rope to the rope the same you would the bow string, using both hands one on each cocking rope handle foot in sturup pull up as you would to cock the bow the stringing rope will catch in the trigger release mechanism. Now just reach down and remove one end of the string off the end of one limb and reverse to decock the stringing rope as you would decock the bow at the end of the day.
These instructions should be with the stringing aid
Well worded, thanks...
Normous

Post by Normous »

I just noticed that now the forum has a New guy and and a NewGuy. I will have to pay real attention not to mix you two up.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Normous wrote:I just noticed that now the forum has a New guy and and a NewGuy. I will have to pay real attention not to mix you two up.
How old do I have to be to change mine username to OldGuy? And will I eventually have to change it to OldFart?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Normous

Post by Normous »

Keith, just keep on hunting and shooting and you will never have to change a thing.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

New guy wrote:
Michiganhunter wrote:I just unstrung my 380 an hour ago....for the off season. I have a 380 and my stringer rope is as it came from the factory. I install the blocks over each limb end. Now pull the rope up and under the arrow hold down finger. Then place bow safety in the up ( fire) position. Attach the cocking rope to the rope the same you would the bow string, using both hands one on each cocking rope handle foot in sturup pull up as you would to cock the bow the stringing rope will catch in the trigger release mechanism. Now just reach down and remove one end of the string off the end of one limb and reverse to decock the stringing rope as you would decock the bow at the end of the day.
These instructions should be with the stringing aid
Well worded, thanks...
The Excalibur DVD's are excellent tutorials, you may want to watch them as well. Lots of need to know info for a new Excal owner.
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree