recurve... simply perfect

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onequillkid

recurve... simply perfect

Post by onequillkid »

I saw a post on this forum that was titled what happened to Bill Troubridge ? I to wonder, I also saw the post about the new offspring crossbow and checked out alot of the comments, and was a little surprised to say the least. I don't know if Bill is still the owner of excalibur crossbow's or not but if he is he should get on bing or google maybe even youtube and watch the video of recurve... simply perfect. If I was Bill and was still the owner I'd be asking myself why excalibur has any-thing to do with a compound crossbow. And alot of the members of this forum could check that video out too, I think some off them forgot why compound limbs don't blong on a crossbow. I can hardly wait to see what you guys have to say, this should be fun. :twisted: :)
Carnivorous

Re: recurve... simply perfect

Post by Carnivorous »

The new offspring bow is cool and will sell very well. Good for Excalibur to branch out with new ideas.

If you dont like the bow you don't have to buy it... :D
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well, I think he has sold it off to Bowtech. I don't know how much influence he has on the direction of the company either. In most cases like this, the old owner stays on for the transition phase, inventory, resources, manpower, and personnel evaluations, etc. They usually hang around for a year, or less, and seem to want to boogie on out because of the changes in the landscape! I would think that he would not want to see his vision for the Excalibur line up changed, and it would probably be painful to stay on for this transition. I'm not saying it is good, or bad, but I personally will not own a wheeled crossbow after experiencing the accuracy, simplicity, and durability of these "Simply Perfect" Crossbows. My Two Cents! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

This is not the first time Excal was part of a compound.
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
onequillkid

Post by onequillkid »

I guess I put this on a little to soon, I did read in the other post that he retired but it was after putting this on. Well I was thinking about selling my aluminum rail ibex and my vortex after shooting my new micro but I think I'll hold on to them now. I hope Bill got alot of $$$ and can go on many hunting trips.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

why would a "simply perfect" crossbow need training wheels ???? :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
SEW

Post by SEW »

xcaliber wrote:Well, I think he has sold it off to Bowtech. I don't know how much influence he has on the direction of the company either. In most cases like this, the old owner stays on for the transition phase, inventory, resources, manpower, and personnel evaluations, etc. They usually hang around for a year, or less, and seem to want to boogie on out because of the changes in the landscape! I would think that he would not want to see his vision for the Excalibur line up changed, and it would probably be painful to stay on for this transition. I'm not saying it is good, or bad, but I personally will not own a wheeled crossbow after experiencing the accuracy, simplicity, and durability of these "Simply Perfect" Crossbows. My Two Cents! :wink:
My understanding is that both companies are owned by the same group. I think much of what has been said here has merit. However, I think the M405 and Mini 335 have to make Bill T. proud. We're either of these his project?
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

Spike Country wrote:This is not the first time Excal was part of a compound.
Yeah i guess every one forgot about the excalibur/bear paradox/maxpoint .Excalibur is still here ,making more rercurve bows than ever .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
bdog

Post by bdog »

It's out every bodies hands what and where Xcal is going, I'm still proud of what I have from them, and Bill and his wife have and need to take a break when the time is right, I wish them well and the company that created what we have to day all the best of every thing... no regrets here, only best wishes...
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Bill and Kathy T. dedicated a huge part of their lives to the proliferation of the Excalibur crossbow. After doing so, like everything in life, the time to move on was upon them. However not before leaving a legacy which they can be proud of.

Now it's up to their "heirs" to "pick up the ball and run with it". It appears that they are striving to do so in a very zealous and accelerated pace. With the backing of the Excalibur brand name, I would think that only by making misguided and major missteps, would they fail. Then again history has shown and taught us that the rise of any empire, is subsequently and inevitably followed by its fall, only to be replaced by another. Hopefully, it will be some time before the Excalibur name will be relegated to the annals of history.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well said. I think it is all too common for any newly obtained, or partnered company to explore new directions, and try to mix the technologies of both companies in doing so. As long as some part of the management stays focused on both offerings individually, both styles can survive, and compete for investment opportunities within the "Corporate" plans, and prototype stuff can exist somewhere in between.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Swamp Donky wrote:What could be more perfect than a Stryker front end on an E/M platform to add to ones "Full Monty" :?: I ask... :mrgreen: :wink:
For sure but then you will have too many bows and have to sell the Matrix 355 MOTS to me... ;)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Swamp Donky wrote:What could be more perfect than a Stryker front end on an E/M platform to add to ones "Full Monty" :?: I ask... :mrgreen: :wink:
For sure but then you will have too many bows and have to sell the Matrix 355 MOTS to me... ;)
I am closer so i should get first dibbs no? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Swamp Donky wrote:Jeff & Mike... :P :shock: :lol:

LOL!!!

Post by newbie »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Swamp Donky wrote:Jeff & Mike... :P :shock: :lol:

LOL!!!
:lol: sounds fair. Ill still have a few hour head start :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!