New Bowhunting Coat

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

New Bowhunting Coat

Post by BryanOney »

My old tree bark bowhunting jacket with its 4 huge pockets from the early 80s is about shot. I need a new parka type jacket with a lot of pockets for all the bowhunting stuff I carry. Can anyone make a suggestion for a jacket that fits that description. Many pockets is the main thing I need, I could go with out the tree bark camo.
MI Yeti

Re: New Bowhunting Coat

Post by MI Yeti »

I like the m65 field jacket . It has four big pockets and a removable insulated liner for warmer days . the old tree back camo is a nice camo pattern and there are some new production m65 jackets in that pattern .

http://www.mcguirearmynavy.com/Alpha-In ... e-US..html an example of a us made m65 in tree bark . You may be able to find one cheaper though .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

In October in northwest Oklahoma where I bow hunt, there are only a few days when a coat is needed, but there are many that I would prefer to be in the stand naked. :lol: I sat in my ground blind numerous days this year with sweat pouring off me.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Buy from cabelas. The upfront cost can be higher but it's worth it. Good quality stuff and it's backed by a no hassle warranty. I had an old Cabelas winter parka and I gave it to my Dad when he took up hunting. He used it for another few years. The zipper broke. He brought it back to Cabelas and they gave him a credit equal to my purchase price. He essentially got a brand new coat when the zipper crapped out on old coat, without any sort of hassle. He wasn't even the original purchaser and he didn't have a receipt...now that's standing behind a product.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits