Air Brakes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xpert1111

Re: Air Brakes

Post by xpert1111 »

Retired05 wrote:Upon firing bow will air brakes help reduce stress on bow limbs? If so it may help with the 380 & 405 crossbows. Need feed back as one of these may be coming home with me. Thank You :o
why is there an issue with limb stress on the 380/405??
mainstreet

Post by mainstreet »

Danny Miller will have them Thursday.
Retired05

Post by Retired05 »

Expert 1111 The stress I spoke of can be found in post by Sew Sunday Jan. 11, 2015 9:25 p.m. :o
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

Retired05 wrote:Expert 1111 The stress I spoke of can be found in post by Sew Sunday Jan. 11, 2015 9:25 p.m. :o
i'll take a look

Post by newbie »

amythntr wrote:.....Does anyone know the weight of the AB's and their effect on the balance of the 335?

Anthony :)
I dont see them weighing enough to affect the balance of the micro unless yiu own a black Micro then it will be so nose heavy you will wish you kept your Realtree XTRA :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

newbie wrote:
amythntr wrote:.....Does anyone know the weight of the AB's and their effect on the balance of the 335?

I dont see them weighing enough to affect the balance of the micro unless yiu own a black Micro then it will be so nose heavy you will wish you kept your Realtree XTRA :mrgreen:
GREAT!! Now what am i going to do with my Nightmare!! :lol: :mrgreen:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:

N E V E R!

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
HorizontalArchr

Post by HorizontalArchr »

When I had my vortex I tried every trick in the book to quiet my bow (still loud enough for deer to react btw). Coming from verticle bows it just seemed logical. But with how ridiculously fast my 380 shoots even with a 400 grain plus arrow. I don't think the deer will ever jump a well placed shot. Even if one does "jump" one day I'm sure deep down in my denial mind set the cause will be a botched shot. I've shot 6 deer and a SIKA this year and none seemed to care about how loud my matrix was. Each and everyone reacted only after the arrow already passed through the boiler room. But if you all want them then by all means good luck with them. Good point on reduced stress on limbs but for me I trust excaliburs quality and know if I ever have a problem I will be taken care of.
Matrix 380
Triggertech Matrix Hunter
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks
Twilight scope
greentag

Post by greentag »

the only thing is it will be one more thing to have to occasionally replace,those little rubber pads,the ones for the dissapator bars are about 15 dollars a set,(not much),plus you will have to remove them if you unstring your bow.but it does sound sweet in that video on youtube!!
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

I am interested in these for a different reason.
Target Shooting which makes up 99.99 % all shoots taken.
I find the sound on the Matrix 330 a bit too sharp for my liking.
So an improvement of any kind for that reason alone would be a welcome addition.

If they help while hunting than a bonus but not mine primary motive for installing