Proven bipod options

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Iamarealtree

Proven bipod options

Post by Iamarealtree »

gidday again guys,
Just wondering if those of you that have fitted and shot from a bipod have suggestions for tried and tested bipods for the Excal ?

One has caught my eye, the Harris HBH which extends to about 25" as I'm looking to have an option from kneeling, particularly shooting from 40+ yards.

Cheers !
Aaron
Excalibur Ibex - Flemish string
GoPro scope mounted
Firebolts / Boltcutters
ehntr

Re: Proven bipod options

Post by ehntr »

I'm off bipods because of the weight they add...............I'm liking tripods, especially for sitting in a blind but can be used for prone and kneeling too. I have a BogPod (TAC3S) adjustable from 6-42". Folds up and in your pack it goes. Trigger Stick Tripods are great too...quick to set up.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

Bipod are good if you want to zero your scope and it does add weight
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
Iamarealtree

Post by Iamarealtree »

I quite liked the look of the BIPOD sticks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNLzYIA3l4k but really could be too complex for the crossbow - i think some lightweight flip out sticks like a bipod would be all that is necessary - i am just looking for a bit more stability from 40+

Im sure there are plenty of people using shooting aids - hunting in Aus is more about walking and stalking than stands (well tree stands anyway) so light and adaptable are the key features I think.

Aaron.
Excalibur Ibex - Flemish string
GoPro scope mounted
Firebolts / Boltcutters
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I use a Harris bipod on xbow a lot. Very handy for doing bench work on the range. I have little use for it in field other than the odd elevated platform in windmill for hog hunting in Texas.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

A Harris style bipod will attach right to the front swivel stud on the Excals. I have used on in the past some. Makes for a great steady shot. I have used one on my sons Excal too.It helps him shooting off the bench because there is one less thing to mess with, adjust etc. Simple is not bad!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Harris is the name..........Got one on my 17 HMR......
"Eze 18:21"
bubba

Post by bubba »

I too use a bog pod but mine is the bi pod that extends to around 40 plus inches works great for me, and keeps the weight off my bow which I like, There is a lot of good ones to pick from...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Aaron, there ae a couple of guys from Australia that are on the forum, and have been for a while. Dash and I cant remember the other one!!!! Well one of them shoots with a Harris bipod as well , his avatar shows a pic of his bow with bipod installed. Maybe someone will bail me out on the other name.Blackjack was the other ones name and he uses the bipod on his bows.
At the rifle range with Colton(12yrs old) I have found that the bipod works much better than bags for him. It is one less thing to move or mess with.
torana9x

Post by torana9x »

Just a cheap bipod like this is what i use

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-9-Rifle-Bi ... 51a5529fab