When to Buy a New Bow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

When to Buy a New Bow?

Post by ch312 »

Back when I first bought my Exomax there weren't very many options at all to choose from and new models weren't common. These days it seems like they're releasing new bows every few months.

I really want a Micro, but with so many bows being released lately I don't want to buy a Micro just to see a newer and faster model released next month. This is the exact reason why so many newer bows are being sold.

Is Excalibur going to be releasing models as quickly as they have been or has the rush of new models subsided for now?
galamb

Re: When to Buy a New Bow?

Post by galamb »

They probably will come up with something new.

You just have to pick the point where what is currently available is "good enough", which is just about anytime.

But if you are constantly chasing the demon at the edge of the envelope, save your money and go without a bow for the rest of your life - because there will always "something better, stronger, faster" just over the horizon...
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
onequillkid

Post by onequillkid »

I can tell you this, I bought a vortex in 2008 and was hooked on crossbows ever since. I think it was 2012 when I got an aluminum rail ibex and used it for a couple years and really like it. Any how I got a micro 335 for Christmas and love it, I kind of wish I would've got the nightmare but the camo model is pretty sweet. I carried it second season but didn't see any-thing to shoot at. I mainly hunt in ladder stands single or double and it's amazing how much more room you have with these little bows. I would say it's going to be hard to beat the micro 335, if you want a new crossbow just decide weather you want camo or black. PS the black 1's are a little faster. :D :mrgreen: :)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...NASA, MIT and the Chipmunks :shock: have all agreed and have done statistical, time lapsed, geometrically balanced studies to prove that the Nightmare 335 is faster than the Realtree 335.....it is something in the textured, black "coolness" color....not much faster but almost unperceptively faster....what they have, "without a shadow of a doubt," proven is that all game animals slow down noticeably to take a "second look" at the Nightmare and that is what does them in..... :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....this was a common problem with computers in the 90's and around the turn of the century....it is now a common problem with phones and ipads... the technology and innovation "merry-go-round" will always continue, sometimes faster and sometimes slower...it is up to us when we feel comfortable enough to either jump on or jump off....don't forget buy the Nightmare you will not regret it! :? :mrgreen:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If yer thinkin they will come out with a 355-360 Micro this yr. Its possible but not likely, that would put the poundage to cock at over 300 lbs. Thats C2 time fer most of us on this Forum
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It sure sucks the confidence out of a purchase, that is for sure.
I think you are either seeing the American influence or Robs. Either way, Excalibur went from "keeping you satisfied" to "keeping you guessing" in 24 short months.
They are all good bows, but the times have changed. The "mom and pop" comfort is a thing of the past, now it is mainstream with a touch of America in it.
It went from a train that would stop and welcome you with open arms, to having to jump on and jump off before it stops.
Warranty is EVERYTHING, so long as that doesn't get lost on this new path Excalibur has taken.
Important to keep in mind that there was a time it was run by a person, one with interest like ours. Now it is a big company with influence from all over the map. There are more people to answer to, more people looking to get a slice of the pie. And that pie is being cut very thin.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Pydpiper wrote:It sure sucks the confidence out of a purchase, that is for sure.
I think you are either seeing the American influence or Robs. Either way, Excalibur went from "keeping you satisfied" to "keeping you guessing" in 24 short months.
They are all good bows, but the times have changed. The "mom and pop" comfort is a thing of the past, now it is mainstream with a touch of America in it.
It went from a train that would stop and welcome you with open arms, to having to jump on and jump off before it stops.
Warranty is EVERYTHING, so long as that doesn't get lost on this new path Excalibur has taken.
Important to keep in mind that there was a time it was run by a person, one with interest like ours. Now it is a big company with influence from all over the map. There are more people to answer to, more people looking to get a slice of the pie. And that pie is being cut very thin.

....ouch Pydpiper...now you have thrown all of the Americans under the bus....just don't pick on the Italian Americans because I have my "main man" in Canada who can take of business for us Italians.....his name is Paulaboutform...so just be careful! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Not Nesssarily Anthony.
I am American.
I was refering to the "keeping up with the Jones" mentality businesses take on, not a consumer level observation.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Pydpiper wrote:Not Nesssarily Anthony.
I am American.
I was refering to the "keeping up with the Jones" mentality businesses take on, not a consumer level observation.

....phew :oops:...and I was about to call Paul! :shock: :mrgreen:

....so are the Jones American or Canadian? :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

There's a matrix 355 pkg nib over at archery talk classified for $700, that's the one I'd get!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
greentag

Post by greentag »

amythntr wrote:...NASA, MIT and the Chipmunks :shock: have all agreed and have done statistical, time lapsed, geometrically balanced studies to prove that the Nightmare 335 is faster than the Realtree 335.....it is something in the textured, black "coolness" color....not much faster but almost unperceptively faster....what they have, "without a shadow of a doubt," proven is that all game animals slow down noticeably to take a "second look" at the Nightmare and that is what does them in..... :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

ive narrowed the speed thing down to the fact that the camo get put in something really,really hot for the finish,this in return makes the limbs a wee little bit weaker,takes some of the spunk out of them,the black does not get put through this,leaving it at its full potential. this is just a guess i really dont know the reason but this is what im thinking.both are the greatest looking bows to come out since the first matrix.im still having trouble deciding color,kinda leaning toward the black myself,but may just have to flip a coin and go with it..i LOVE both of em.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

greentag wrote:
amythntr wrote:...NASA, MIT and the Chipmunks :shock: have all agreed and have done statistical, time lapsed, geometrically balanced studies to prove that the Nightmare 335 is faster than the Realtree 335.....it is something in the textured, black "coolness" color....not much faster but almost unperceptively faster....what they have, "without a shadow of a doubt," proven is that all game animals slow down noticeably to take a "second look" at the Nightmare and that is what does them in..... :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

ive narrowed the speed thing down to the fact that the camo get put in something really,really hot for the finish,this in return makes the limbs a wee little bit weaker,takes some of the spunk out of them,the black does not get put through this,leaving it at its full potential. this is just a guess i really dont know the reason but this is what im thinking.both are the greatest looking bows to come out since the first matrix.im still having trouble deciding color,kinda leaning toward the black myself,but may just have to flip a coin and go with it..i LOVE both of em.
...all I can say regarding helping with your choice is...after about 15 shots, the "color fusion" paint job was gone on the groove where the cocking rope goes around by the safety...you could see the unpainted mold color...not really an issue but it did happen...I am told (although I have yet to shoot my nightmare) that this will not happen with the "super cool," stealth textured" Nightmare....others might know for sure...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

The camo in string grove on my 405 wore off pretty quick. This has not happened on my Nightmare Micro.

Go Black, you won't look back :lol: :lol:
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GrassyKnoll wrote:The camo in string grove on my 405 wore off pretty quick. This has not happened on my Nightmare Micro.

Go Black, you won't look back :lol: :lol:

.....how's your hunting been this week,Ed?

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings