Can someone help me pick an arrow for my Micro? :)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ehntr

Re: Can someone help me pick an arrow for my Micro? :)

Post by ehntr »

newbie wrote:Any BEA is a good choice. Being so short at around 16" they will be stiff no matter what you choose. Jerry at south shore has a blowout on the .003" Spynal Tapps. $31 a dozen. thats cheap i just ordered another 2 dozen.
I will be cutting mine down to 16" to keep inside the stirrup.
Shipping is kind of killing the deal though..........@ $33.95

Available Shipping Options: Please Select

Best Way U.S.P.S.
USPS Ground - USA ONLY! $12.95

United States Postal Service 2 lbs, 5 oz United States Postal Service
Priority Mail International ® $33.95
Priority Mail Express International ™ $52.05
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?

Post by newbie »

ehntr wrote:
newbie wrote:Any BEA is a good choice. Being so short at around 16" they will be stiff no matter what you choose. Jerry at south shore has a blowout on the .003" Spynal Tapps. $31 a dozen. thats cheap i just ordered another 2 dozen.
I will be cutting mine down to 16" to keep inside the stirrup.
Shipping is kind of killing the deal though..........@ $33.95

Available Shipping Options: Please Select

Best Way U.S.P.S.
USPS Ground - USA ONLY! $12.95

United States Postal Service 2 lbs, 5 oz United States Postal Service
Priority Mail International ® $33.95
Priority Mail Express International ™ $52.05
luckily i have family in the US. i paid $10 and change for shipping .
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Black Eagle Zombie Slayers or Executioners either are a great choice, I like them both.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....ordered me some Spinal Tapps last night...for my.....Nightmare 335 8) I don't see how one could go wrong with the shorter "arra" size of anywhere from 15" to 16.5"...the price was surely right and I do not hear of any complaints from these babies....now I will have a real good excuse for playing around with different configurations come the late spring and summer months as I hone in to exactly what I want to use with this "dark beast" come the deer season reckoning when I expect to give a few of them "tick toters" a real Bada Bing!.....yuze know what I mean!.....It's all good.....

Anthony :)

Thanks Mike (Newbie) for the heads up on these "arras!"....great sales price at South Shore Archery....
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

amythntr wrote:....ordered me some Spinal Tapps last night...for my.....Nightmare 335 8) I don't see how one could go wrong with the shorter "arra" size of anywhere from 15" to 16.5"...the price was surely right and I do not hear of any complaints from these babies....now I will have a real good excuse for playing around with different configurations come the late spring and summer months as I hone in to exactly what I want to use with this "dark beast" come the deer season reckoning when I expect to give a few of them "tick toters" a real Bada Bing!.....yuze know what I mean!.....It's all good.....

Thanks Mike (Newbie) for the heads up on these "arras!"....great sales price at South Shore Archery....
I was talking to Jerry about the new Tapps and they will me much straighter and more consistent with spine. They are also .300" ID front and back unlike the old one.
Yes Anthony i havent heard any complaints about them and a steal at that price. you cant buy cheap junk for that.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
ClintRhodes

Post by ClintRhodes »

Thanks for the help friends. I just ordered a dozen spynal tapp shafts from South Shore. Jerry is going to cut them down to 16" for me and I'm having him spine index them as well.

Should be fun learning how to fletch arrows :)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Enjoy the new addiction, I mean hobby! :lol:
You'll like the arrows, and stick with fletching your own, you'll get it dialed in!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:
amythntr wrote:....ordered me some Spinal Tapps last night...for my.....Nightmare 335 8) I don't see how one could go wrong with the shorter "arra" size of anywhere from 15" to 16.5"...the price was surely right and I do not hear of any complaints from these babies....now I will have a real good excuse for playing around with different configurations come the late spring and summer months as I hone in to exactly what I want to use with this "dark beast" come the deer season reckoning when I expect to give a few of them "tick toters" a real Bada Bing!.....yuze know what I mean!.....It's all good.....

I was talking to Jerry about the new Tapps and they will me much straighter and more consistent with spine. They are also .300" ID front and back unlike the old one.
Yes Anthony i havent heard any complaints about them and a steal at that price. you cant buy cheap junk for that.

so what IS the ID of the cheaper by the dozen that I just bought?

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings