Trigger Tech

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Spike Country

Re: Trigger Tech

Post by Spike Country »

VixChix wrote:
Spike Country wrote:
VixChix wrote:I don't have a TT in my xbow and its got a really sweet trigger. ... but I've shot the TT and its even sweeter. Seriously.
If you had a TT you would beat all of us every year in MI!!! :mrgreen:
Well now.... I doubt I could outshoot you even with a TT! YOU are the guy to beat!!! Love that there's always some good competition at the event.

This year the Canadians are planning on bringing reinforcements... some seasoned 3D'ers. You've been warned. :mrgreen:

(running out to find a TT now.....)
Looking forward to it! Looks like I will need to get my laser guidance system installed on LINK (my super matrix)! :wink:
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

paulaboutform wrote:I can't believe they stopped making the 1.5lbs Target Trigger. I'm so glad I have mine. After shooting it the two and a half pound models feel like seven pound triggers.
I hear yah Paul, glad I got my hands on one last fall(still in the box) for my future long range build. I wonder if some dealers might still have a few on there shelves.
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Is the safety on the Trigger Tech as quiet as the one on the Micro 335?
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Shoebuck wrote:Is the safety on the Trigger Tech as quiet as the one on the Micro 335?
...The one on the 380 is NOT!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

Where does a Canadian get a Trigger Tech from?
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vpsaline wrote:Where does a Canadian get a Trigger Tech from?

...from Triggertech, of course...can you not order direct?

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

vpsaline wrote:Where does a Canadian get a Trigger Tech from?
Google Trigger Tech.........they have a web site. I took one shot w/ one in Danny Millers basement shop and knew I wanted one!
"Eze 18:21"
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

coolhl wrote:nothing is WRONG with the standard trigger,
it is just the precision of the TT is something that has to be experienced to appreciate.
But... there is just so much RIGHT with the TT's!! :D

I honestly believe their triggers are better some the the Uber-Pricey Custom Triggers in my long range rifles! They ARE "That Sweet"!

Certainly I will never be running a bow without one ever again.
As for the rifle end of things, I guess I'll simply have to wait until they design one for Weatherby's! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
JBO

Post by JBO »

I had a Boo trigger job and it was very smooth but he can only do so much with that stock trigger and still be safe. The TT is a great improvement over the stock trigger IMHO and worth the price of admission to me.
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
New guy

Post by New guy »

Is the TT trigger an easy install for the average handyman using good tools?

I have a matrix 355

Thanks
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

New guy wrote:Is the TT trigger an easy install for the average handyman using good tools?

I have a matrix 355

Thanks
I have 10 thumbs and am not mechanically reclined....i had no problem removing the OM trigger and installing a TT on my Matrix 380....cant be any easier!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
New guy

Post by New guy »

Thanks A...

I will be ordering one on Monday
Tom

Post by Tom »

ehntr wrote:
Deerstalker wrote:In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the stock triggers in my Equinox & Winchester M70. I have NOT tried a TT trigger and they are probably a fine trigger but I see no need to change out what I now have. My sons have an Axiom SMF & a Vortex and they both have great triggers. We only hunt with our equipment and no 3D target shooting so maybe we don't know that much about triggers BUT I have been shooting since the early 50s and have shot a lot of rifles. JMO
Thats the thing. It's not subjective thinking that I am advertising here. It's measureable comparison that I am referring to and addressing this post to Trigger Tech owners..........because they know, by comparison, what a Trigger Tech trigger is. I can agree that there is nothing wrong with the triggers on the bows and guns you are using/have used. I wouldn't disagree at all. The thing is, you don't know how much better a Trigger Tech trigger is until you squeezed it off. Not knocking your opinion Deerstalker :) Nice rack btw :!:
I know that this thread has gone slightly off topic (TT/rem 700) and onto the TT for Excalibur. I do not have a TT in my crossbow as my bow is an Orginal Relayer and is stll in stock form (only had a failed scope and 1 broken bolt replaced - over 30 years ) but I have shot this trigger a few times and WOW is all I can say.

But for people to say, you need a trigger tec trigger is incorrect. A factory Excalibur trigger is more then acceptable.

Why do people take any factory product (any product) and insall after market accessories. They modify their cars, trucks, boats, cycles just to get a better feel or a little more horsepower just because they can or because they want to.

The most important aspect too all of this is that the Excalibur bows are as good for these triggers as these triggers are for the bows. By that I mean, sometimes when in modify or instal a high end product into an item, you are not able to gain the full capabilities but an Excalibur bow shows what these triggers can be.

As per the Rem 700 triggers, I believe that there will be a large market and the more people that switch will bring more into switching just like the word of mouth has here with TT & Excalibur bows. I have met the BIG GUY from Trigger Tech (pun intended) and no doubt that his product will continue to be top notch.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Now, now Tom...stop raining on our parade! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Good post Tom. The OP was a declaration of my satisfaction with TT AND the fact that they are making Rem 700 triggers. That is a great move in my opinion, the sheer numbers of Rem 700's, COUPLED with the recent trigger recall on Rem 700's, TT stands to sell a few of their product :D . I have been lead to understand that the wait to have Rem trigger recalls actioned is many, many, many months. TT is a new option. Looking forward to some excellent reviews on TT Rem 700 triggers :mrgreen:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?