Questions ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mo wannabe

Questions ?

Post by Mo wannabe »

For all of you folks that have been into Excals for a while.... What are the pros & cons of the carve tip bows verses the mag tip limbs ? I've noticed a lot of people are hanging on to the old carve tips. I was wondering if I was missing something ?
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
RexKay

Re: Questions ?

Post by RexKay »

I know they went to the mag tips for the more modern and faster string types. Use Dacron with carve tippers. I own 2 carve tip bows. A 185 exomag, and a 165 Exocet. The Exocet with a heavy log shoots so smoooooth. Almost "creamy" feelin! So easy to cock n shoot. Pull it of the wall for some fun here and there. The 185 has considerable more wallop n spunk! The 185 want to draw blood! But the micro is up to bat next :D . They are great bows like all excals!

Exomag

Exocet
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

The 165 lb Exocets have a great balance as well. They are one sweet shooting bow. :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

At one time or the other i have had 5 carved tip limbed Excals. They all shot smooth, jus like vertical Recurves they have that same feelin. Yup i have regrets i sold all of mine n couple of the long limbed mag tip models. I had to fund my 2 Matrix models, choices i made. I had one old Vixen that MT. Yeti owns now, would shoot a 628gr arrow at 206 fps, when you squeezed the trigger it brought smiles to my face, pleasant would be a good word fer it. The other vixen was the same n so were the 2 165's. I could hand cock them so i never worried about fergettin my cockin rope when i went huntin or jus shootin
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

Speaking of Questions, is it true that the mag tip bows, the current style have there tips glued on or epoxy on after the limbs are made? I heard that from someone and not sure, Must be some real good super glue smile.... I cant tell no matter how much I look..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup they be glued on the limbs after the limbs are made
Half Bubble Off BD360

MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

I really enjoy shooting my carved tipped Excaliburs .I shoot about a 410gr arrow and they are very smooth . Also being able to cock them by hand is a plus when hunting . If my rope gets left in the truck or worse at home I can still hunt . Its faster without a rope if a second shot it needed quickly , or another animal presents a shot after the first(small game) .

I bought my Exocet as it was the best crossbow I could afford . My vixen came along at a price I could not refuse :mrgreen: . Even if I could afford a matrix I'm not sure if I'd want one . I'd be more interested if Excalibur released a model or two with a traditional stock .

Mike what were you slinging 628gr arrows at ?
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I think it shot 208 fps wid 628gr arrows
Half Bubble Off BD360

MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

I meant what were you hunting with them . That seems a bit overkill for deer .
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am sorry it was 218 fps usin yer Vixen. Deer n hogs, ain't no such thing as overkill :) Dead is dead, :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

vixenmaster wrote:I am sorry it was 218 fps usin yer Vixen. Deer n hogs, ain't no such thing as overkill :) Dead is dead, :lol:
I was thinking hogs or black bear , guess I was half right :lol:
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Sounds like a 165 exocet would be a good bow to have hanging around for summer shooting..... If a guy could pic one up somewhere.
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Mo wannabe wrote:Sounds like a 165 exocet would be a good bow to have hanging around for summer shooting..... If a guy could pic one up somewhere.
Although I'm fairly new to the game, I managed to find one for my Dad to buy and as mentioned they still are great Xbows. I like the look of the Excals too.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting