Choice of arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Winddrifter

Choice of arrows

Post by Winddrifter »

How do you pick the best arrows for a micro?
What should you look for when out shopping.
What makes one better than the other?
I aluminum better than fibreglass?
Are ready to use arrows good or does one need to gets them especially make up
What makes one arrow more outstanding over the next?
I am new to the the sport.
Boo

Re: Choice of arrows

Post by Boo »

Depends on what you want to do. What are you hunting and and is hunting all you'll be doing?
Your choices for hunting land animals is aluminum or carbon.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Tom

Post by Tom »

Winddrifter wrote:How do you pick the best arrows for a micro?
Are ready to use arrows good or does one need to gets them........................
The best thing about Excalibur and their products is that they are more then capible. If you were to purchase and use only Excalibur accessories, you will be better then OK. I still use factory arrows as I basicly only hunt now and I am OK with 1-2 inch groups.

If you are getting into target shooting, then custom arrows might be worth the cost and trouble. Factory arrows are also usually easier to get at any Excalibur retailer where if you go custom, you will need time to get replacement.

Also, factory arrows will not cost you as much when you "ROBINHOOD" 2 arrows.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]

Post by newbie »

Tom wrote:
Winddrifter wrote:How do you pick the best arrows for a micro?
Are ready to use arrows good or does one need to gets them........................
The best thing about Excalibur and their products is that they are more then capible. If you were to purchase and use only Excalibur accessories, you will be better then OK. I still use factory arrows as I basicly only hunt now and I am OK with 1-2 inch groups.

If you are getting into target shooting, then custom arrows might be worth the cost and trouble. Factory arrows are also usually easier to get at any Excalibur retailer where if you go custom, you will need time to get replacement.

Also, factory arrows will not cost you as much when you "ROBINHOOD" 2 arrows.

Tom
Cost is moot. Buying zombies lets say costs just as much as i can buy the Eastons. Even to me if i was paying $20 to $30 more its worth it, i find the Eastons not near as tough a shaft as BEA products IMHO.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Tom, Quills will cost at least $100.00 per dozen. They don't have the precision for targets nor do they have enough weight for some moose and elk hunters. The OP is from out west so his menu could have bears, moose, elk, whitetail, mulie and antelope.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Tom

Post by Tom »

WOW, I did not realize that the shorter arrows were priced that high. I was making my statement on what used to be about a $15-20 difference between (stock & custom) on a dozen arrows.

With the cost between being as little as it is, I would go with custom if you have time to wait and the money to have extras on hand (to replace damaged arrows). Some of the arrow makers on here do a lot of testing to determine the best arrows for the bows. I would choose one and get a dozen.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]