Truglo Red Dot Failure! Advice Needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drkeenan

Truglo Red Dot Failure! Advice Needed

Post by drkeenan »

I decided, against the advice of several on these forum, to put a Truglo 2X Red Dot on my new Micro. I went with the Truglo for faster target acquisition and because it had 2X magnification. I've been playing with it for several weeks and really liking it however while shooting this morning the front lens came loose. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Can anyone recommend a more reliable red dot with magnification? Short of that do you have an opinion on Varizone vs Tactzone. I used the Varizone on my Exomax with no issue however it looks huge on the micro.
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
SEW

Re: Truglo Red Dot Failure! Advice Needed

Post by SEW »

My advice is "don't use Truglo". I'd consider Nikon for the Mini.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I have used a tasco pro point on my shotgun for many years and the three and a half inch shells have not killed it yet so I would think it should be okay on a crossbow ,,we have shot a ton of turkeys with it that's for sure ,,,and thy are not over priced Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

dutchhunter wrote:I have used a tasco pro point on my shotgun for many years and the three and a half inch shells have not killed it yet so I would think it should be okay on a crossbow ,,we have shot a ton of turkeys with it that's for sure ,,,and thy are not over priced Dutch

Thanks Dutch. I've looked at the Tasco however really wanted some magnification.
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Magnafication is the rub, i can be had but the price of one is well beyond the price of the Varizone or the Nikon crossbow scope
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

There is a DeadZone on the Trading Post. I would rather have the DZ over the VZ. Because it has illumination I would take the TZ over the DZ. VZ would be last choice among those 3 scopes. Your being stuck on magnified red dots takes away a lot of good red dots to choose from: Burris, Vortex, Eotech...
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sun May 10, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

You can put a magnifier behind most good red dot sights . An eotech 512 crossbow sight with a magnifier would work well . For bow hunting ranges I have never felt magnification to be much use and I use mine without .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads