ThermaCELL do you have yours ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

chessy, that's cool ! I could not have held for 15 to 20 min's. on my bird last season if I didn't have mine. I think it is one of the best tools I have in my bag next to my knife.
Don Crist

Post by Don Crist »

Bass Pro Shop has them for $21.99(White or Olive) and $24.99(Camo). It is in the camping section on the internet. They also have them in their stores. They sell a 4 pack replacement kit where you get 4 for the price of three.

I tried mine in the swamps of Dorchester County, Md. last April during turkey season and was amazed. I sat on the damp ground in 70+ degree weather for 4 hours and was not bothered by the little buggers at all.
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

chessy wrote:been using mine since i came back from cabelas 4 weeks ago used it for early goose in rice lake swamp ... no bites ... used it in a hay field for yote hunting no bites these things are incredible ..... i bought 4 of the units for me and buddies .. one guy did not want it when i brought them home . i have a spare one i think my wife is going to make claim on it .. guys if you are canadain they are not avalible here yet tho getting them is easy just cross the boarder ........ i dont know how i have hunted so long with out one turkey season is going to be easy this year no bugs

:D :D Chessy...you were supposed to let me know when you were headed there but I hadn't heard from you & some buddies were coming up from the US & I asked them to bring me one..sorry....i'm sure that you could sell it on the Hunt Ontario site if your wife does not claim it...they are awesome & i'm betting it can use the scent pads for the ThermaScent for deer hunting with it....the Themacell & ThermaScent look identical......regardless, they are not yet available in Canada unless you have them smuggled in!!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
ricochet

Post by ricochet »

I saw them at WalMart over the weekend. Price was less than $20, but dont remember the exact amount, maybe $17.99 or something like that. Anybody know if they work on sandflees (or at least thats what we call um down on the Georgia coast)?
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I bought mine from Wal-mart for 18.99 and a refill pack for 4.99. It works great. Be sure to shut iot off 10 minutes before you pack up and leave your stand because it will be HOT. :roll:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Can anyone describe the process by which the device works? It sure sounds interesting, but I would be more comfortable having some idea how it works.

Thanks
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.