OT - playing in the rain!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

racking up points

Re: OT - playing in the rain!

Post by racking up points »

Terry, I love eating perch but I find pickerel fishing to be more active. On days like yesterday, it is non-stop.

I'd love to show you the program I run on Lake Erie sometime. Like Mike said, you can do it on the cheap, especially when you compare it to what a steelheaders rig would cost.

I run six lines: -4 on "Offshore" brand inline planer boards, 2 per side
-2 down the chute, straight out the back

You need as many rod holders as rods you plan to run. I like 6.5-7.5' trolling rods with Penn level-wind reels, but line-counting reels are king, especially when targeting suspended fish. When fish are hugging tight to the bottom, I use 3oz bottom bouncers with a 2 or 3 hook crawler harness. When the fish are suspended, I use 3oz inline sinkers with a crawler harness. I almost always use live worms, but when white perch and silver bass are thick, I use 5 inch brown rubber worms to avoid having to re-bait hooks so often.

I also target pickerel in rivers using vertical jigging, hand-lining and night casting. I'm a fanatic.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Masboy

Re: OT - playing in the rain!

Post by Masboy »

Nice fish! wish we had walleye like that but we don,t but there what I fish for the most. I,m a crank bait troller both day an night an getting ready to try some night crawler harnesses I made but afraid the catfish will not leave them alone.