A Micro Morning

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

A Micro Morning

Post by Big John »

After all the talk lately about the Micro, I thought I would do some serious shooting this week to see how it plays out.

"A word to people attending Boofest, Jen my Daughter will be there practicing right beside me!!! :mrgreen:"

Anyways, here is what I have and how it will stay for the moment.
Micro 335 Camo
TactZone Scope
nchunterkw String
Zombie 15-1/2"in.
Lumenoks
125 gr. Heads
Weight total is 409 gr.

Since I got it I put 30 or so shots thru it with stock string. Changed the string to Keiths and put on Tactzone, that's it.

So I will shoot 50 shots everyday this week and see what plays out. I will also report on string wear.

Today was very hot out there and only mild wind. I am only using a small stand and shooting with elbow support only. Just like shooting from tree stand arm rail. Everything was perfect today. Nothing went wrong, shots were excellent, string is perfect still, no wear at all! 8) Bow is working perfectly! 50 Shots, with pics of 30 yd. and 40 yd. and String and bow.

First is string as set at braceheight. 3/16"in. off bumpers.

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 2.jpg.html]Image

Then 30 yds.

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 7.jpg.html]Image

Then 40 yds. One I pulled but two are touching.

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 4.jpg.html]Image

Then Bow at rest cocked to test limbs everyday.

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... d.jpg.html]Image

The Lumenok Arrow 409 gr.

The Bow after 50 shots, String and Serving Perfect!!! Braceheight Still Perfect!!! Limbs and Bow Perfect.

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... g.jpg.html]Image

Tomorrow out with Jen and do the same. Will report again each time. If anything at all changes or happens, I will say so.
So far I will say this, The String from nchunterkw is perfect. Has not stretched or worn serving at all yet. And I use a lot of peoples strings. Very good. 8)
As well, the Bow is very nice and quiet and perfect for 3D or Treestands!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
bikerbob24

Re: A Micro Morning

Post by bikerbob24 »

I have been shooting mine everyday...if it has a problem I want to it to happen now, not after I fly in to some remote island... :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
Big John

Post by Big John »

bikerbob24:

I believe you wont have any problems with your Micro. :wink: If you knew how many Micro's were out there with no issue's so far, you would understand. The percentage is tiny to say the least. Yes a few have had a problem, but, very few in terms of overall.
Have faith, have fun, and shoot like crazy! :D
Trust me when I say, those who have had an issue I feel bad. I honestly believe you. But, keep shooting and move on with the Excalibur Crew and build your trust again.
The Micro's are a good Bow! And I've had every Excalibur, some three or four times.
I like this one. 8) I will shoot the jam out of this Micro with gusto!
I will report every 50 shots on everything that happens good or bad. For one week of good shooting.

Big John

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

Big John wrote:bikerbob24:

I believe you wont have any problems with your Micro. :wink: If you knew how many Micro's were out there with no issue's so far, you would understand. The percentage is tiny to say the least. Yes a few have had a problem, but, very few in terms of overall.
Trust me when I say, those who have had an issue I feel bad. I honestly believe you. But, keep shooting and move on with the Excalibur Crew and build your trust again.
The Micro's are a good Bow! And I've had every Excalibur, some three or four times.
I will report every 50 shots on everything that happens good or bad. For one week of good shooting.

Big John
Over the years I have had nothing but good service out of Excalibur Bows , other than a scope fogging up one time. I have to wonder on the arrow weight , everything I shoot is right at 400-425 grains. I also put close to 100 shots through my Micro today , adjusted the brace height one time. I will be shooting again tomorrow tuning some new broadheads. I would like to have an extra set of limbs in the bow case so I could swap out if needed when I was 1000 miles away from home on a hunt. Since I retired we travel a lot , we spent 4 weeks out last fall just bow hunting and another two weeks during our firearms season. We plan on the same this year and added a extra freezer to the RV along with purchasing another smoker to handle sausage making while out...... :D :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

bikerbob24 wrote:

Big John
Over the years I have had nothing but good service out of Excalibur Bows , other than a scope fogging up one time. I have to wonder on the arrow weight , everything I shoot is right at 400-425 grains. I also put close to 100 shots through my Micro today , adjusted the brace height one time. I will be shooting again tomorrow tuning some new broadheads. I would like to have an extra set of limbs in the bow case so I could swap out if needed when I was 1000 miles away from home on a hunt. Since I retired we travel a lot , we spent 4 weeks out last fall just bow hunting and another two weeks during our firearms season. We plan on the same this year and added a extra freezer to the RV along with purchasing another smoker to handle sausage making while out...... :D :D

....BB...I would consider being adopted! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

amythntr wrote:
bikerbob24 wrote:

Big John

....BB...I would consider being adopted! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could use another tax deduction ... :D :D How quick can you skin/bone out a deer ??? can you fletch arrows ? how about building bow strings ? Center serving skills are a must.. :D Butchering skills are required as we process our deer in the field , we have a grinder / slicer and vacuum bagger in the RV.... :D :D and we hunt exclusively with Excalibur crossbows... :D :D :D being retired is fun 8) 8)
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .....

Sounds like I would be more of a liability than an asset to you...although I did own a deli in a previous life (so I can work a commercial slicer and grinder)...

....boning out a deer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....you would be at your next stop by the time I finished....building arrows :? :? :? :? still a work in progress....making strings ( I would have to bring my posse with me of Boo, NChunterkw and Xcalibur....) I am all thumbs and left handed thumbs at that.... :lol: :lol: :|

....I do shoot Excalibur's exclusively....I am a Constant Pain in the A, err a CPA by profession so I can do a perfect tax return for you, handle your retirement finances, pay the bills and maybe assist in that retirement money growing....errr forget that last part because I love to eat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy it "partna!" :D

Sounds life you be liven "La Vita Loca!" 8)

9 years to go! :cry:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

amythntr wrote:..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .....

Sounds like I would be more of a liability than an asset to you...although I did own a deli in a previous life (so I can work a commercial slicer and grinder)...

Anthony,

You might want to describe what a NJ/NY deli is to some of the country folk who haven't had the pleasure! :lol: :lol: :lol:

For instance, "half sour" pickles straight from a barrel and the fact that Boars Head provisions used to be a local phenomenon!!

John
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
Big John

Post by Big John »

Ok Guys. :)
Day two, brought my Daughter Jen to shoot.
Was much more fun with her there! :D
I am very happy she has learned and absorbed everything she was taught. She is a very good shooter! 8) I am very Proud!!! :D
We shot today in high heat, but also high winds! Very high! 28 to 35 km/h! I told her she needs to know how to shoot in all types of conditions. So, no problem, out we went.

We only shot 30 yds. today, and "only" standing freehand!!! Just like 3D.
She did excellent! 8)
However, she did Robin Hood one of my Zombie Lumenok Arrows!!! :twisted: Right thru the Lumenok!!! :shock:

She is shooting her Phoenix I made.
This is her first round . Her's is white and pink mine yellow:

The Wind can be seen here!

Then She Robin Hood's my arrow!

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 3.jpg.html]Image

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 6.jpg.html]Image

We then switched to Deer side target for fun:

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... o.jpg.html]Image

She is shooting very good freehand for such strong winds! Very Proud of her!
Here she tries the Micro for a bit:

It is very hard to shoot this good in 30 km winds at 30 yds. away. The target is small and shooting the Deer side is only 12"in. The Micro is holding up perfectly. Is dead on in shots, feel, performance and limbs. The string from nchunterkw is still perfect. No serving wear yet, and have not had to re-set braceheight even. Beauty String. :wink:

Here is pic of Robin hooded arrow at 30 yds., and the bow and string serving after 100 rounds.

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... e.jpg.html]Image

We will be out tomorrow again. Same program. If wind goes, we will freehand out to 40 yds.!
This Micro is really a thing of Beauty. For 3D shoots I have shot nothing like it for performance and feel. This bow was made for 3D and Hunting. Perfect combo. No wonder Excal is selling so many! :!: 8)

Big John

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Big John,

I'm happy that your having no issues with your bow.

Your pictures, your beautiful daughter and your groups look great... The only mechanical issue I detect with your bow is......... the cheek piece "Jumped" to the wrong side... Must have been all of that shooting and the bad wind you were experiencing. :shock:

BTW 80 deg and sunny out here in the Pacific NW with narry a bit of decernable humidity, nor high winds. You gotto love a place like this . :wink:

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Big John

Post by Big John »

Yes it's true! I am a Lefty!!! :mrgreen:
Jen is a Righty! :)
But we can still swap bows and hit where it should.
After all, lefties rule anyway! LOL! :lol:

Big John

Me thinks Jen will be ready for Boofest.
Get ready everyone, she's coming for you! LOL ! :lol:

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

[quote="amythntr"]..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .....

....boning out a deer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....you would be at your next stop by the time I finished....building arrows :? :? :? :? still a work in progress....making strings ( I would have to bring my posse with me of Boo, NChunterkw and Xcalibur....) I am all thumbs and left handed thumbs at that.... :lol: :lol: :|

....I do shoot Excalibur's exclusively....I am a Constant Pain in the A, err a CPA by profession so I can do a perfect tax return for you, handle your retirement finances, pay the bills and maybe assist in that retirement money growing....errr forget that last part because I love to eat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy it "partna!" :D

Sounds life you be liven "La Vita Loca!" 8)

9 years to go! :cry:

Anthony :)[/quote
having someone to do my tax returns is very tempting , but of course you are required to hunt to add to the pantry....but on another note 110 shots through the Micro today....new Magnus heads indexed and all sighted in , now time to go ventilate some piggy's... :D :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Babyneilson

Post by Babyneilson »

The micro shot awesome. Was nervous my shot would suck as the scope was set to dad's eyes but it was awesome! Definitely next on my wish list. He's such a good shooter it's hard to fill such big shoes. Never seen someone shoot with such consistency and accuracy. Mind blowing. But so lucky to have him as my teacher. The wisest and most well researched bow teacher I could ask for
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

I'm not much of a practice shooter however in light of recent events and my Micro experience I am now committed to spending a couple minutes each day practicing.

I'm guessing I currently have just under 100 shots on these limbs so with 82 days until opening day and by averaging 20 shots per day these limbs should be well broken in......or just broken :twisted: :twisted: !!!

I'm already comfortable hunting out to 30 yds offhand so I will practice only from 40 yds to possibly extend my hunting range. Based on today I have some work ahead of me!

Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have been trying to have "Micro Afternoons". Our rain got over and it turned HOT! I go in when my glasses get so sweaty I can't see through them! :lol: