I just gotta tinker.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

I just gotta tinker.

Post by BrotherRon »

I do most of my target shooting with the 310 and plan on using the 330 for hunting. After I got back from spending the weekend doing some shooting at the cabin I got a little bored yesterday evening.... So I took the 104 limbs off the 330 and swapped them with the 95.5 limbs that were on the 310.
Next weekend I will see if the limbs make much difference in the poi on each one out to 40 & 50 yards again. I an thinking the 310 may shoot a bit faster and higher and the 330 the opposite. After I figure that out, and before I make any adjustments I will try swapping strings and use the 36 & 40 strand ones on the 310 and the 28 strand ones on the 330. If the 104 limbs are faster than the 95.5 limbs then the heavier strings will probably bring down closer to where it was but will help dampen the vibration and noise a bit which makes it more enjoyable for me to shoot. Since The 330 will be used mainly for hunting I am not to concerned with noise and vibration so will probably use the faster 28 strand strings on it.
A guy just needs to tinker at times :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: