outdoor life micro test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Re: outdoor life micro test

Post by Big Woods »

The micro is the most trouble free model of excal? It seems like I keep hearing of limb failures with some folks having multiple limb failures after replacements, etc. Maybe some of that was blown way out of proportion?
Big John

Post by Big John »

Yes it is blown out of proportion.
And much of it is repetitive reading and
reporting of the same ones. Thats partly Internet
problems today. One time turns to four quickly and so on. Get yourself one and see how fun and fast these things are! Very Cool Toy!!!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Big John wrote:Yes it is blown out of proportion.
And much of it is repetitive reading and
reporting of the same ones. Thats partly Internet
problems today. One time turns to four quickly and so on. Get yourself one and see how fun and fast these things are! Very Cool Toy!!!

Big John
John a lot of these are folks I know, and I am with you, they came in about the same period of time. But mine was not mentioned, and I to think 1% is fudged #, out of several Excalibur's, the Micro is the only one to have a complete limb failure,,,, and I shoot 380 to 422 grain arrows, 16.5" long!

As for the 308 fps, I run a Danny Miller or Boo string on mine, with 422 grain arrows I shoot 308 to 312 fps depending on the string. Like John mentioned, I to am surprised how much this little gem penetrates the same targets my 18" 425 grain arrows do out of the 380's!! I won't be parting with it anytime soon. I also think this is simply a glitch in the manufacturing process and will be taken care of. That's why I'm interested in the 355 Micro if it's released!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Big John

Post by Big John »

I don't think numbers have been fudged. :?
I also don't think you know my background.
However, this about the Micro not me.
I can personally tell you that the Long Limb Exo Series Bows had more limb Failures.
And I too would get a Micro 355 as soon as released. Just as I get every Bow released. You should have seen how many Exo limbs came back broken from delamination. But havn't seen hardly any Micro Limb returns.
Bring on the next! I'm ready!

Big John

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

Interesting. There are an awful lot of posts about micro failures on multiple sites. I'm pretty new to crossbows, but I don't remember ever seeing so many posted in so many different places before but it would only take a couple of "vocal" posters to do so I guess. I personally would not buy one for a while to see how this shakes out. I was going to but am going to stick with my 355 for now.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

But mine was not mentioned, and I to think 1% is fudged #, out of several Excalibur's, the Micro is the only one to have a complete limb failure,,,, and I shoot 380 to 422 grain arrows, 16.5" long!
I can assure you the number is not fudged, that would be lying in my books. To date we have had a grand total of 33 Micro limb failures and have sold thousands of them, and not all the failures were complete breaks. The number is really .5% limb failures to product sold. Plus only one limb would fail and each crossbow has two so that number is really lower if you look at total limbs produced.

When one person has multiple failures they assume everybody does. We have thousands of people shooting these crossbows with no issues. Fudging the numbers would help nobody, if we actually had a production issue we would engage in a full product recall like we did with the 405. But, our numbers don't lie. We have been torture testing Micro limbs for almost 2 years now and the results are amazing. You can choose to listen to a few upset users or actual numbers, your choice.

I understand how some have a hard time believing the numbers if they had multiple limb failures, but we are looking at the big picture and accurate data not one or two users. I'm not sure why so many people like to think that all businesses are dishonest and only want to steal money out of peoples pocket by selling them crap. I would not be able to work for a company that does that and I can assure you Excalibur Crossbow would not still be here with our great reputation if that was the case.

Peter
Big John

Post by Big John »

Thanks Peter! :)
Micro's are going to rule the future! :wink:
See you Saturday!

Big John

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Big John wrote:Thanks Peter! :)
Micro's are going to rule the future! :wink:
See you Saturday!

Big John

Far as I am concerned micros rule the present!
Norm
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
I'm not sure why so many people like to think that all businesses are dishonest and only want to steal money out of peoples pocket by selling them crap. I would not be able to work for a company that does that and I can assure you Excalibur Crossbow would not still be here with our great reputation if that was the case.

Peter
Because in this day and age where every kid gets a trophy for being on the team and everything you do is OK, no one will own up to making a mistake. So if someone has multiple failures in the face of reliability numbers like this - the company must be trying to screw me!!!

I love my Micro, but realize that if I make a mistake with it, it will be less forgiving than a lower poundage model was. And it's easy to make a mistake, especially if you are distracted from your shooting routine. And many people brand new to crossbows are buying these bows. So I think this quote applies in spades....... "Good judgment comes from experience....of course most of that comes from bad judgment"

Knowing what I know about Excal, and these bows, if I had multiple limb failures on the same bow - and was positive I did nothing that could have possibly caused it - then I'd run out and buy a million lottery tickets because I must be the luckiest guy in the world to hit the 0.5% number twice.

Keep up the good work Peter!! And thanks for being transparent with the real numbers.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Peter,
Putting numbers to your post above ....

33 equates to 0.5% of bows sold.
That means 33/6600 bows had a limb problem (0.5% of bows) and
33/13200 limbs had a problem (0.25% of limbs)

Did I interpret the numbers correctly?

Keith
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

I'm one of the lucky 33 Micro owners that had a limb fail/break. My left limb.
However....
I have NOTHING but the utmost confidence in my micro, and even if something unfortunately does happen, I KNOW that Excalibur will take care of me!
Love my micro. Love Excalibur!

As for speeds, I'm shooting a Danny Miller flemish string, quills, 125 heads and my chrono is avg 327fps.
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

33 equates to 0.5% of bows sold.
That means 33/6600 bows had a limb problem (0.5% of bows) and
33/13200 limbs had a problem (0.25% of limbs)

Did I interpret the numbers correctly?
Yup, that's pretty close! :D

Peter
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Reading this thread makes me want to go out and get a Micro! :shock: :D
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:Reading this thread makes me want to go out and get a Micro! :shock: :D

I dare you.....lol :lol:

I have two of them, and love the feel of the Micro.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I hunted with both Micros last year , leaving them cocked all day lots of shooting, target shooting with friends and family ..... No problems with either
The big plus is carrying one thru the brush ! Peters team will have to come up with a doozie to ever sell me a new model my Micros are just fine :D
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only