best cross bow bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jcvortex

best cross bow bolts

Post by jcvortex »

Looking to fine tune my vortex setup. I see a lot of guys shooting the black eagle executioners or zombies. I have been using the Excalibur fire bolts and people tell me I can do better. Also guys are telling be the blazer vanes shoot tighter groups. Some of my friends are shooting carbon express maxima hunters with great results. I am sure there lots of variables here but would like to get some feedback.
BrotherRon

Re: best cross bow bolts

Post by BrotherRon »

My Matrix 310 likes executioners.

My Matrix 330 likes Zombie Slayers from Big John.....
They fly like darts with radar. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

My 355 likes the Zombie Slayer's made by "excaliber" when cut to 17". You'll find him here on this site... great quality and very good prices... Nothing against the other arrow crafters, I just have not ordered from anyone but Dan aka: excaliber.

It also shoot Full Metal Jackets very well but these are cut down to 16" for my 355 as they are considerably heavier.

Since arrows in the wider bows call for arrows in the 20" range this will result in even heavier arrow weights. I feel this may be asking a bit too much for some bows ( more than I want for my Axiom ) when paired with a good fixed blade in the 125 gn range...... I like g5 Montecs and they are about all I use.

In Excalibur Brand arrows I find the Diablo's seem more consistant that the Firebolts ( I'm trying to get consistant when using my Axiom )... Danny will be called on for Z. Killers for this bow soon also...

I'll have to save up cash for arrows later. Right now it's headed for hunting season use. :D

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

My vote goes to the Black Eagle Zombie Slayer arrows with 92gr or 110 gr brass inserts and 100gr or 125 gr points. Blazer vanes fletched with the Arizona Rim Easy Fletch Bolt with the extreme helical and you're off to the races. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
jcvortex

Post by jcvortex »

Thanks everyone for all the input. Seems like black eagles are the way to go.
wabi

Post by wabi »

My Phoenix likes 2216 aluminums, and I'm old enough to remember when aluminums hit the market. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I like the Zombie Slayers, all I use for my Verticals as well. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
PSEWOOD

Post by PSEWOOD »

I am shooting 2216 aluminum's out of my Vortex.I don't target shoot that much.I plan on losing the arrows out hunting so I went to Aluminum's for the lower price.You will have get the recommended carbon arrows to get the consistency from arrow to arrow.If you are going to target shoot allot carbon would be better.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

There's no such thing as an arrow too stiff for a crossbow, (only something for vertical shooters to worry about), and there isn't an arrow stiffer than a Black Eagle Zombie Slayer. Something around 400gr and assembled by someone that knows their stuff and they'll fly like darts to ranges you have never even dreamed of shooting at.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
JB'STAXIDERMY

Post by JB'STAXIDERMY »

Not trying to thread hi jack but what would be a good arrow to shoot out of an equinox
Equinox
Hawke xb30 pro
Boo Trigger job
Firebolts
Slick Tricks
Vixenmaster string
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

JB'STAXIDERMY wrote:Not trying to thread hi jack but what would be a good arrow to shoot out of an equinox
There are many good choices but the Zombie Slayers in 20" would get my vote out of the Equinox. I'd make them up like this: 100gr head, 92gr brass insert, 20" zombie, 2" Blazers, and a Lumenock. You'd be just north of 400 grains.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
bubba

Post by bubba »

Like Racking up points said.. Black eagle arrows are the stiffest out there, Executioners, Zombies, Spynal Tapps. And there is also a 80 grain brass front insert, that gives you even more options to play around with weight. Good luck to ya....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
JB'STAXIDERMY

Post by JB'STAXIDERMY »

So what is so bad about the firebolts or diablos are they not stiff enough or just not a high quality of arrow ..... dosent easton make them?
Equinox
Hawke xb30 pro
Boo Trigger job
Firebolts
Slick Tricks
Vixenmaster string
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

They are not as easy to find, they come with aluminum front inserts which really work best with heavier points, and cost more.
JMHO.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

JB'STAXIDERMY wrote:So what is so bad about the firebolts or diablos are they not stiff enough or just not a high quality of arrow ..... dosent easton make them?

They're a good arrow, they will do the trick. Just some like to custom there bow and arrows. I love my zombieslayers with 2'' blazers and lumenoks from big john. It's just about customizing your equipment. :)
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.