What's your BEE setup for your micro?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

njlungbuster

What's your BEE setup for your micro?

Post by njlungbuster »

I got offered some new BEE's at a price I couldn't pass on so I bought them. Curious as to what length, insert weight, broadband weight, etc., everyone is running with their micros. They're uncut 22's so I can make them whatever. Thanks.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
StormDragon

Re: What's your BEE setup for your micro?

Post by StormDragon »

njlungbuster wrote:I got offered some new BEE's at a price I couldn't pass on so I bought them. Curious as to what length, insert weight, broadband weight, etc., everyone is running with their micros. They're uncut 22's so I can make them whatever. Thanks.
Shooting 15 1/2 in BEE's with 110 Gr Brass inserts, blazer vanes, Nufletch Ignitor nocks and 100 Gr Field points and broad heads. 405 Gr total weight. Nasty accurate out to 40 yards (havent tried further out yet)

However...once the new arrow wraps i ordered come in the set up will include them as well (not sure what they weigh yet so...) Blame Anthony for this one LOL
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

StormDragon wrote:
njlungbuster wrote:I got offered some new BEE's at a price I couldn't pass on so I bought them. Curious as to what length, insert weight, broadband weight, etc., everyone is running with their micros. They're uncut 22's so I can make them whatever. Thanks.
Shooting 15 1/2 in BEE's with 110 Gr Brass inserts, blazer vanes, Nufletch Ignitor nocks and 100 Gr Field points and broad heads. 405 Gr total weight. Nasty accurate out to 40 yards (havent tried further out yet)

However...once the new arrow wraps i ordered come in the set up will include them as well (not sure what they weigh yet so...) Blame Anthony for this one LOL
Isn't Ant the cause of most things? Lol. My range out back is a fifty yard range so I'll be able to give it that test. Does 15.5" go inside the stirrup? Thanks.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

njlungbuster wrote:
StormDragon wrote:

Isn't Ant the cause of most things? Lol. My range out back is a fifty yard range so I'll be able to give it that test. Does 15.5" go inside the stirrup? Thanks.
In this case he is def the lead and only suspect. Other things I kinda plead the fifth on and YEP 15 1/2 in goes in the stirrup. I found with a field point it wasnt to bad, maybe right at the stirrup edge but with my broadheads (I use 100 Gr Grim Reaper X-Bow Razortips) they stuck out past it)

I dont have my bow at the moment since she is in the shop awaiting her operation otherwise i would take a few pics of the set up both field point and broadhead in realtion to the stirrup.

Elite Synergy; Krampus
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Hey... I just rem something. If I rem right you are right around the corner from me.

If you want, give me a call and I can let you try my arrow setup and you can see what you think before you cut.

Ile PM you my cell number

Elite Synergy; Krampus
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I'm running 16.5 BEE shafts with 110 grain brass inserts, Lumenoks, 2" Blazers and 100 grain tips for a completed arrow weight of 409 grains..

This combo is accurate out to my max shooting distance of 50 yards. I get the same poi with slick tricks and ramcats as my field points..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

GrassyKnoll wrote:I'm running 16.5 BEE shafts with 110 grain brass inserts, Lumenoks, 2" Blazers and 100 grain tips for a completed arrow weight of 409 grains..

This combo is accurate out to my max shooting distance of 50 yards. I get the same poi with slick tricks and ramcats as my field points..
Hey Grassy,

Where in Jersey are you located?

I apologize if i asked before but Im drawing a big blank at the moment.

Elite Synergy; Krampus
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

lol... I forget what floor I park in the garage at work sometimes..

I'm in Jackson, near 6 Flags right off 195...
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

Anybody else?
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:

....same setup as StormDragon except I have 80g brass inserts...375 total weight

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

amythntr wrote:
StormDragon wrote:

....same setup as StormDragon except I have 80g brass inserts...375 total weight

Anthony :)
Thanks Anthony. I think storm is going to come by my house either tomorrow or Monday and let me shoot his bolts to test them out before I cut mine. He lives like five minutes away from me.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

So I got the BEE'S delivered today. As stated they're 22's. I plan on cutting them down obviously. A lot of you guys mentioned blazers. These came with looks like 3" vanes. I've got a bunch of blazers in my equipment that I can put on if you think it'll make a difference. Thoughts?
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i have mine@16in 110 brass insert 2in nap quick spins lumen nock flo yellow wrap about 410 gr----(-100 grain heads)
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

I wanted to thank Storm(George) for coming over and letting me shoot his bolts to test the length out to see how they fly. They ended up shooting great so I week start building mine in the morning.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

njlungbuster wrote:I wanted to thank Storm(George) for coming over and letting me shoot his bolts to test the length out to see how they fly. They ended up shooting great so I week start building mine in the morning.
Your welcome my friend, glad I could help out. Thanks for the invite. It was great to meet in person and meet your family

Also thanks for the advise to help RJ with his shooting. Ile keep you posted on the progress of the tweaks.

Take care

Elite Synergy; Krampus