B E Zombies .001 vs .003

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

woodmnctry

B E Zombies .001 vs .003

Post by woodmnctry »

Just trying to sort out if the cost of the .001 over the .003 Zombies is justified? I have been shooting the 20" .001s out of the 380 and 405 with good results. I do not really plan on changing but just got to wondering if there really, in practical terms, was all that much difference in performance to justify the higher cost of the .001s. My time with the horizontal shaft slingers is mostly hunting --- some periodic paper shots -- just enough to satisfy that all things are working to my satisfaction and the arrows are printing where I want them.
paulaboutform

Re: B E Zombies .001 vs .003

Post by paulaboutform »

I doubt you would ever notice any difference. That being said, for such a minimal difference, I shoot the. 001's.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

paulaboutform wrote:I doubt you would ever notice any difference. That being said, for such a minimal difference, I shoot the. 001's.

Paul
I'm with Paul. I shoot the .001s for peace of mind at 3D. If I mess up the shot it's all me, not the arrow. :mrgreen:

For hunting out to 30 yds I might use the .003s but I like having the same set up for hunting as I do for tournaments.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
frontsite

Post by frontsite »

woodmnctry wrote:Just trying to sort out if the cost of the .001 over the .003 Zombies is justified? I have been shooting the 20" .001s out of the 380 and 405 with good results. I do not really plan on changing but just got to wondering if there really, in practical terms, was all that much difference in performance to justify the higher cost of the .001s. My time with the horizontal shaft slingers is mostly hunting --- some periodic paper shots -- just enough to satisfy that all things are working to my satisfaction and the arrows are printing where I want them.

you shoot 20" bolts out of the 405? It calls for 18" though, so you can do that? I didn't know that.
MATRIX MEGA 405 W/ Parker REDHOT scope
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I have a 355 and the wife has a 310. We both shoot 20" arrows. Fly great!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

frontsite wrote:
woodmnctry wrote:Just trying to sort out if the cost of the .001 over the .003 Zombies is justified? I have been shooting the 20" .001s out of the 380 and 405 with good results. I do not really plan on changing but just got to wondering if there really, in practical terms, was all that much difference in performance to justify the higher cost of the .001s. My time with the horizontal shaft slingers is mostly hunting --- some periodic paper shots -- just enough to satisfy that all things are working to my satisfaction and the arrows are printing where I want them.

you shoot 20" bolts out of the 405? It calls for 18" though, so you can do that? I didn't know that.
Easily.
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Search the forum on crossbow talk. This has been brought about the Executioners.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ