Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buddyshort

Re: My Black Biatch is 1 fer 1.

Post by Buddyshort »

Congrats on your good start
Outback

Post by Outback »

Good to get the first of the season down.

outback
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Congrats!! :D :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
ccamp200

Re: My Black 380 is 1 fer 1.

Post by ccamp200 »

Thanks guys for all your kind thoughts! My daughter took a few pics but I hadn't bothered to download them yet since a 100# doe wasn't particularly impressive to me (especially with her innards hangin out).

Was shooting with my new Black, Matrix 380 and some super straight shootin BE Zombies courtesy of UPS Man (thanks Dennis) with 125 grain NAP Spitfires (these are baddass btw).

She was squared up lookin right at me from 40 yds so I got the shot off in a hurry. She jumped straight away and I'm not sure if it was that or if my shot was a tad low. POI was just above her left front leg (darn near took it off) and traveled through her lower chest cavity (missin heart and lungs) and exited leaving a truck sized hole through her belly - opening the stomach sac enough to leave her breakfast behind (Fortunately not the intestines though) - and stuck in the dirt at 45 degrees about 10 ft behind where she stood. Separated one fletching and bent two blades on the BH.

She managed to travel a good ways but left a reasonable blood trail. Still took about an hour to find her.

Wasn't perfect but, like I said - she'll eat. I am loving this xbow and am sold on the zombies and especially the Spitfires. Really do appreciate everyone's help in getting to this point - will post pics when I get them off the camera.
Last edited by ccamp200 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exekiel 22:30 - And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Black Matrix 380 "Meat Maker"
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

ccamp200 wrote:Thanks guys for all your kind thoughts! My daughter took a few pics but I hadn't bothered to download them yet since a 100# doe wasn't particularly impressive to me (especially with her innards hangin out).

Was shooting with my new Black, Matrix 380 and some super straight shootin BE Zombies courtesy of UPS Man (thanks Dennis) with 125 grain NAP Spitfires (these are baddass btw).

She was squared up lookin right at me from 40 yds so I got the shot off in a hurry. She jumped straight away and I'm not sure if it was that or if my shot was a tad low. POI was just above her left front leg (darn near took it off) and traveled through her lower chest cavity (missin heart and lungs) and exited leaving a truck sized hole through her belly - opening the stomach sac enough to leave her breakfast behind (Fortunately not the intestines though) - and stuck in the dirt at 45 degrees about 10 ft behind where she stood. Separated one fletching and bent two blades on the BH.

She managed to travel a good ways but left a reasonable blood trail. Still took about an hour to find her.

Wasn't perfect but, like I said - she'll eat. I am loving this xbow and am sold on the zombies and especially the Spitfires. Really do appreciate everyone's help in getting to this point - will post pics when I get them off the camera.
Go for the double lung shot next time. You gotta remember that you're not shooting a 7 mag. I've seen bucks run clean to Alabama when the arrow failed to take out the lungs. Hope you can put a bruiser on the ground next time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

Cograts on your deer ! Ron! :D
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Good job! keep stick'n-em!
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Congratulations!!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

congrats ---food for winter!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Congrats to you !!!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats