how far with the 330?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

richard

how far with the 330?

Post by richard »

How far has anybody shot a deer with the matrix 330? What bolt and broadhead were used.
Matrix 330
Micro 315 (Skillet meat)
Muzzy mx3
Coffee
bdog

Re: how far with the 330?

Post by bdog »

richard wrote:How far has anybody shot a deer with the matrix 330? What bolt and broadhead were used.
You can shoot targets as far away as you want to all day long, they stand still, if you're shooting at deer, 40yrds is stretching it, the closer the better, there's to many variables that could make you miss,and worse than a miss, could be a wounded animal never to be recorvered
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
richard

Post by richard »

So true. Never shot a deer past 25 yards. Just wondering about the energy of this little sweet bow past 30 yards whitch is length of my backyard shootin range.
Matrix 330
Micro 315 (Skillet meat)
Muzzy mx3
Coffee
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I practice up to 50 yards with matrix 330 n micro but 40 is my self established limit. 90 percent of my deer are taken under20 yards
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Hmmmm, How far with a 330? A question that can really get the (pot stirred) Your gonna have Ethics People with their thought's, the tree huggers with there's.And this...And that. I feel it depends on the variable's at that given moment. The wind, the angle,is the game alert, or calm. At what ranges i'm confident in shooting, and other thing's that might be in play. If all things are good to go with my Ibex 35-45 yards. With my 355 45-60 yards. I love a challenge...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I normally practice at 20 to 40 yards, but after practice a couple weeks ago I move my deer vitals target out to 60 yards and sent 2 Big John Zombies down range. When I went to retrieve them they were within 1" (about 3/4") apart in the bottom left corner of the heart. So accuracy is no problem, but like others I would not attempt a shot over 40 because of the possibility of the deer taking a step or a branch I can't see.

Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

bubba wrote:Hmmmm, How far with a 330? A question that can really get the (pot stirred) Your gonna have Ethics People with their thought's, the tree huggers with there's.And this...And that. I feel it depends on the variable's at that given moment. The wind, the angle,is the game alert, or calm. At what ranges i'm confident in shooting, and other thing's that might be in play. If all things are good to go with my Ibex 35-45 yards. With my 355 45-60 yards. I love a challenge...

...as the gentleman from the south stated above, there are a lot of variables which come into play...I personally will not shoot freehand out past 40 yds and nor will I be tempted because those opportunities where I hunt rarely, if ever present themselves...

...In the 5 kill shots I have had on deer with the CB, the furthest was 31 yards...if by some chance this old body ever gets itself hoisted up :shock: into a ladder stand I would have to see based upon the available shots and the practicing I have done whether that range will change...

....now funning at the range is a whole nudda ballgame....fuggetaboutit!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Anthony said 40 yards free hand would be his max. Now that's confidence i don't have. Because i don't practice much at all free hand. I count and rely on my bog pod, or the rail of my tree stand. Gotta have some kinda brace. Even those rare time's hunting with a fire arm. My hat's off to Anthony and you guy's that hunt and shoot free hand. Heck i don't think i could hit a barn off hand. Smile..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
richard

Post by richard »

I tried 10 yards free hand. Past that i need a rest too. I get alot shakey when deer come in. Gotta have them shootin sticks.
Matrix 330
Micro 315 (Skillet meat)
Muzzy mx3
Coffee