Micro 335 serving

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GRUNDY

Micro 335 serving

Post by GRUNDY »

Good evening. I recently bought a Micro 335 as my first venture into the crossbow world. I'm excited to hunt after getting sighted in this weekend. I reall enjoy shooting the bow, but I'm concerned about how much my center serving has gotten torn up. I have maybe 100 shots on the bow. It looks like the hook/s are tearing up the serving but the hooks to not appear to have any burrs. The serving is not separating but fraying.

I've served alot of my Vert bows with BCY polygrip. Should I just reserve with some old polygrip, or call Excal?

Thanks,

Brian
Micro335
Stock string
Stock quills
Stock 150gr Boltcutters
Boo

Re: Micro 335 serving

Post by Boo »

It's a warrantable issue. Contact Excalibur and they'll correct the rough latch and replace the string. If your trigger is rough and gritty, this is also a good time to tell them as well.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/service
Some people just like stepping on rakes
GRUNDY

Post by GRUNDY »

Thats a bummer. I was hoping to avoid some of this kind of crap with a crossbow...

The trigger pull seems as good as my deer rifle, but as the serving has started to wear I'm starting to feel some "grit" when I cock the bow and the trigger fingers latch. I've kept it lubed quite well. Hope this is the last time I have to deal with it at least wihin reason. How many shots can be expected of a crossbow center serving?
Micro335
Stock string
Stock quills
Stock 150gr Boltcutters
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Boo has some good advise. it won't take long . if you serve it yourself it will just tear up again. Excalibur will take care of you.
W.M.
Winddrifter

Post by Winddrifter »

I only use bee,s wax on the serving, silicone causes it to slip. Causing undue wear.
Warranty service in also advised, but not always what is needed. your dealer should be called as to advicse as to warranty.
Stan
GRUNDY

Post by GRUNDY »

Just what is the proper way to care for a crossbow center serving?

The Excal manual says Ex wax and Ex lube. The online Excal instructional says Ex wax on serving only, some say no wax, some say bees wax...

My dealer did not have Ex Wax, only some Barnett combo wax/lube. I applied it liberally. I would imagine its not too much different than anything else...Prob somewhere between bees wax and no wax.

I have a hard time believing that using the particular barnett wax/lube combo I was is the cause of the serving wear.

I'm confused.

BTW: A big thanks to Excal customer service for quickly addressing my issues. I've not had service like that in quite some time from any company at all much less and archery company. Very refreshing!
Micro335
Stock string
Stock quills
Stock 150gr Boltcutters