the final countdown

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

the final countdown

Post by wabi »

Seems like every year I plan all summer for the little changes & additions for the coming deer season, then when it's the final week before season opens I realize nothing is done yet. :shock:

The landowner and I were busy all day taking care of some of those last minute details for the opener Saturday. We got his tripod stand moved to the new food plots, hung a spare feeder at the tripod stand, hung a deer attracter (made by a young man who works at the feed mill - hangs from a tree limb and is supposed to draw deer to the area), and I got my "porta-roof" hung over my ladder stand. (We also set his trail cam to see if the hanging block works.)

Wednesday & Thursday will find us moving another (ladder) stand, setting a ground blind (or two), clearing shooting lanes, and probably clearing a few trails with the bush hog.

Picked up another 500# of corn for the feeder(s) today, and that should last for another week or two. Critters have been eating 30-50# a day at the gravity feeder. :roll:
Luckily I found a feed mill that is reasonable on price. Buying it 500# at a time and having them bag it in regular feed bags (you have to buy 10 bags the first purchase, then bring them back to re-fill) is 1/2 the price of the 50# bagged corn in throw-away bags.

Sure glad he bought a new "buggy" this summer - it really helps!
Me pulling in at the feeder in the "buggy":
wabi
xcaliber

Re: the final countdown

Post by xcaliber »

Good Luck Mike! I'm making final preparations for my daughters House Warming Party on opening Saturday! :evil:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
deerskinner

Post by deerskinner »

I know what you mean ,I just spent 3 days working on a cover for my camping trailer at deer camp,built it 18'x24' ! I am going back this weekend to work on my stands and put up feeders! Have never run this late before,have been very busy in my business and hadn't had time to do my fun work until now.Season opens the 3rd of Oct.,think I will make it! Ron! :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mike wishin y'all all the good luck in yer huntin
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

A good luck to ya Mike on this season. I think I'm gonna wait til it cools down some more before I hit it. Again good luck to ya.... :D
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

:) I know what you mean wabi. Every year I say I'm gonna get out early and prep my hunting area and every year I'm running around at the last minute trying to get it all done....never changes. Great looking buggy there, I can see how that will come in handy. Good luck to you.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
ohiobuck

Post by ohiobuck »

Hope you get everything set Mike.
I am finally getting my nocks today. After work, get ready for early dinner date. Then sight in my new setup. Final scout at Pater on Friday night. load the car and be ready.
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

I'm with ya man! Fingers crossed! 4 days!~
-SnotRocket-
Matrix 405
DLX scope
TriggerTech 2.5#
DrStirrup rig
8ptbuk, vixenmaster, Boo Flemish String
Zombie Slayer, Executioner
Wabi Call