Flemish string for micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chief51

Flemish string for micro 335

Post by Chief51 »

I just purchased the Micro335. Is a Flemish string better than the factory string? Is there any need to consider the Flemish string?
wildcatter

Re: Flemish string for micro 335

Post by wildcatter »

Welcome and congrats on a fine bow, most prefer them, the bow will be smoother shooting and quieter with a good flemish string, but don't expect that to make your bow more accurate. Saying this I have several strings for my bows and every one of them is a flemish string.

Don't forget to finish your profile so we can see where from it is you come,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Chief51

Post by Chief51 »

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to finish my profile. I'm from Ohio, 30 miles west of Wheeling W.Va.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer new Micro, Flemish string are good strings jus diff style than the Factory ENL's. Choice is owners on what they want to use
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

wildcatter wrote:Welcome and congrats on a fine bow, most prefer them, the bow will be smoother shooting and quieter with a good flemish string, but don't expect that to make your bow more accurate. Saying this I have several strings for my bows and every one of them is a flemish string.

Don't forget to finish your profile so we can see where from it is you come,,,, :wink:
As a byproduct of being smoother, they are easier on the bow. There are twice the number of strands around and on the limb tips and they also have a whack more twists that act like shock absorbers.
Oh, they also look cool!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Chief51

Post by Chief51 »

I read a post to contact a Danny Miller from Sardis Ohio on Flemish strings. Sardis is located about30 or 40 miles from me. Did some grouse hunting above Sardis years ago.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

You would be very blessed to stop and get some direction from Danny,,, he is Mr Excalibur in the US,,, and know more about what why and which Excalibur than most ever will!!! There are many that make a great flemish string and Danny's one of them.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I have a string made by Boo on my Micro, and it's much quieter with much less vibration than with the factory string.

Edit...I looked at my PM's, and the string I have is the Force 10 by Boo.
BULLZ-i

Post by BULLZ-i »

I HAVE JUST THE OPPOSITE SO FAR WITH A LOCAL STING MAKER. MY STRING IS STILL OUT OF SPEC AFTER BREAK IN PROCESS AND THE BOW SHOOTS MUCH MORE ERRATIC AND SOUNDS LOUDER THAN ORIGINAL STRING. I PUT THE OEM STRING BACK ON AND BOOM! RIGHT BACK TO NORMAL.

I WAS THINKING THAT A HEAVIER MATERIAL WOULD BE QUIETER, MIGHT SHOOT A SMIDGEN LOWER (BEING HEAVIER AND SLOWER DUE TO WEIGHT) BUT 2 INCHES LOWER, UP, AND RIGHT WITHOUT CONSISTENCE, BUT NOW I'M ALL AOVER THE BOARD UNTIL I PUT ORIGINAL BACK ON.

I'VE BEEN SHOOTING """"""COMPOUND"""" BOWS FOR A $#!T TON OF YEARS AND NEW STRING SETS HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS FAR OUTTA SPEC PER THE BUILDER. NOW I KNOW THE THE RECURVE IS A SIMPLER SYSTEM, BUT I THINK THE OUTCOME IS STILL THE SAME.

I GUESS LEMME ASK? IF THE XBOW STRING IS TWISTED TOO MUCH AND NOT TAMING AFTER 35 SHOTS, WILL THE BRACE HEIGHT BECOME MORE ACCURATE AND ZERO BETTER IF THE BOW IS TWISTED BACK TOWARD SPEC? THIS IS AFTER 35 SHOTS

GO HAWKS!
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I don't know who your "local string maker" is, but I'd recommend trying a string from one of the experienced string makers on this board. I've only used Boo strings, but there are several highly acclaimed makers on here.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

BULLZ-i wrote:I HAVE JUST THE OPPOSITE SO FAR WITH A LOCAL STING MAKER. MY STRING IS STILL OUT OF SPEC AFTER BREAK IN PROCESS AND THE BOW SHOOTS MUCH MORE ERRATIC AND SOUNDS LOUDER THAN ORIGINAL STRING. I PUT THE OEM STRING BACK ON AND BOOM! RIGHT BACK TO NORMAL.

I WAS THINKING THAT A HEAVIER MATERIAL WOULD BE QUIETER, MIGHT SHOOT A SMIDGEN LOWER (BEING HEAVIER AND SLOWER DUE TO WEIGHT) BUT 2 INCHES LOWER, UP, AND RIGHT WITHOUT CONSISTENCE, BUT NOW I'M ALL AOVER THE BOARD UNTIL I PUT ORIGINAL BACK ON.

I'VE BEEN SHOOTING """"""COMPOUND"""" BOWS FOR A $#!T TON OF YEARS AND NEW STRING SETS HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS FAR OUTTA SPEC PER THE BUILDER. NOW I KNOW THE THE RECURVE IS A SIMPLER SYSTEM, BUT I THINK THE OUTCOME IS STILL THE SAME.

I GUESS LEMME ASK? IF THE XBOW STRING IS TWISTED TOO MUCH AND NOT TAMING AFTER 35 SHOTS, WILL THE BRACE HEIGHT BECOME MORE ACCURATE AND ZERO BETTER IF THE BOW IS TWISTED BACK TOWARD SPEC? THIS IS AFTER 35 SHOTS

It maybe the material he used to make a micro string!
Half Bubble Off BD360

No One

Post by No One »

I am a hunter on a budget. If I can two strings for the price of one that where I am staying. :D
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
Chief51

Post by Chief51 »

I will be contacting Danny on this subject. I'm sure there are other good string makers on this site but it's nice that Danny is so close to my area. I plan on putting on a Flemish string and saving the factory string for a spare. I appreciate all the replies. Great forum!
Chief51

Post by Chief51 »

Also, I've shot compound bows for hunting and competition years ago but they were never so simple to set up as the Micro. This Micro is the best! I was shooting X-rings 20 minutes after receiving the crossbow and assembly. After joining this forum I can see that I purchased a great bow.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

BULLZ-i wrote:I HAVE JUST THE OPPOSITE SO FAR WITH A LOCAL STING MAKER. MY STRING IS STILL OUT OF SPEC AFTER BREAK IN PROCESS AND THE BOW SHOOTS MUCH MORE ERRATIC AND SOUNDS LOUDER THAN ORIGINAL STRING. I PUT THE OEM STRING BACK ON AND BOOM! RIGHT BACK TO NORMAL.

Oh n when do you plan on shooting this string thats on yer Excal ? I can tell by looking at this string in pic its not the one yer local guy has made! This string hasn't ever been shot !
Half Bubble Off BD360