First time poster buying new bow Saturday need help please.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Do you prefer micro or m380 (only to people who have owned both)

Micro
38%
M380
63%

Total votes: 16

Carnivorous

Re: First time poster buying new bow Saturday need help plea

Post by Carnivorous »

Pardovillehunter wrote:Thanks again guys. I like the idea of a single crosshair scope too once I put the single red dot on my exo max I started making way better shots on game. I can shoot with both eyes open and watch the bolt fly. Only problem with it is doesn't let any light in at dark and can be too dark to shoot before legal time.

Single cross hair on a 380 would shoot almost like a rifle I'd have to think can't be much drop at 50 yards? 10in or so drop? Think still leaning towards micro maybe with the tact zone scope just because I know the dealer wI'll have them.

If you don't mind spending a bit more on a scope take a look @ the Leupold VXR scopes. A few of us have them and they have the best of both worlds. Red dot with crosshair and great light gathering. Win win win!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Pardovillehunter

Post by Pardovillehunter »

Any word or rumour on what the new release might be like?
Normous

Post by Normous »

Top secret :mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

My vote would be for the Matrix 355 ! Best of both worlds while being a bow you can shoot all day long and at extended range if need be.

You have heard about the Micro 355 that's to be released as a 2016 model right? :?:

I would wait if I just had to have a Micro and as a side effect with the research it recieved during development, it may have less limb issues than being experienced by current Micros, and still give you a bow that shoots very close to the 380.... :wink:

A win ,win to me.

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

If you will be mainly hunting with it the 380 will be nice, but for an afternoon of practicing a 355 would be a lot easier on you and is still big enough to take down any deer, bear, elk, and any moose you want to hunt. For grizzly or moose I might carry a little insurance though. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
deerman41

Post by deerman41 »

hawke XB30 scope, in low light it's the best. I had a big deer last season get by me at dusk dark I could see with naked eye, he stood broad side and I couldn't see him through cheap scope. I thought I still had scope covers on. I should have known better about optics as I have Swarovski and leupold on my rifles. I have a matrix 330 and love it, still working on setup.
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Normous wrote:Keep your Exo for this season and wait for Excalibur's new release during the winter ATA show :mrgreen:
My two cents
Words of wisdom and sound advice....if you decide to sell your old long limber let me know, I have a friend that's lookin. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.