Deer movement ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Re: Deer movement ?

Post by DaveShooter »

Talk to a friend today says He has seen rubs and scrapes all over His land. I haven't seen a thing where I been a hunting- Also been windy and just tooo warm fo sure....
frisky

Post by frisky »

Our WI season opened on Sept12 (I believe) and the only one I saw was Oct 1, Slooow season :oops:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Things are slow in S.E Georgia :?
I've taken a doe with my bow & a doe last weekend with my 7mm.
Haven't seen any horns and nothing moving today. :cry:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Possum

Post by Possum »

Ain't seen much movement here in the bluegrass region of Kentucky, but my place is completely surrounded by a state park and there is no hunting allowed on park property at all. This park is overrun with deer and turkey and I truly believe that they are some of the same critters that used to hang out on my 30 acres. I am seeing some scrapes running right along the park boundary line in the creek bottom so I'll be watching for four legged and winged trespassers to cross the cross the property line.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
strum

Post by strum »

Seen a few in the woods but I haven't hunted as mush as i normaly do this time of year.. now as far as movement goes ..try driving around here in the twilight hours..you'll see some deer!!
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Deaf jeff wrote:that sounds normal for Michigan. been slow for years in the NLP. talk to friends in the U.P. and it is even slower up there. few deer left to be seen! I have seen 5 all season and none in range that were big enough to be worth getting bloody
Yea it's really slow in the thumb of Michigan also, A few yrs ago I would see 10-15 deer a day easy now In lucky to see 2-3 .. Michigan deer are being slaughtered by our dnr willingness to sell so many doe tags . I was told that the dnr are caving in to the auto insurers complaining about deer and automobile accidents . In some areas of Michigan you can by a doe tag everyday until the quota is sold.Then you have farmers who get block permits from the dnr to shoot off several deer. I know if several farmers who just kill the deer and let them rot in the field..
mingle

Post by mingle »

gerald strine wrote:I have not seen a deer in my last 12 hunts and I am getting down is it Just my luck or has deer movement been down lately ?
I am in Michigan.
Seen deer almost every day last week in Houghton lake.Take a look at the solar tables they are pretty much on..
MprBlackout

Post by MprBlackout »

Here in Jackson county ,been slow also. More movement in cold mornings than warm evenings. Saw six this morning including a small 8 and a spike. Pictures of bigger bucks between 1am and 5:30am
380 BLACKOUT w/ T-zone 100
Tact handle, ACP trigger, Dr Stirrup w/ bumpers
335 Micro BLACKOUT & 355 Micro camo, both ACP triggers, T-zone 100'd, all w Lumi'd weight matched Zombies
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

I have been hunting southeast Michigan near my home and private land in Alcona and Oscoda Co upnorth off and on since the opener. Upnorth has been dead but to be expected with the huge numbers of anterless permits the last 15 years. I saw a few doe a black bear and one real nice 8 point at 30 yds hunting last week upnorth. Couldn't get a clear shot through the brush on the 8 however but it was very slow for all of us up there. I have had 9 different bucks on my game cam since early October in southern Michigan and most pics are around 2-4:30 am. I passed on a decent 6 at 20 yds which my wife says I will regret later this year...lol. Waiting for one of the big boys I've seen on my cam but we all know how that usually turns out. Anyway some very nice bucks are out there and I will start hunting hard beginning this tuesday and right on through until gun season Nov.15th.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
Buck

Post by Buck »

In NWNJ there has been a lot of activity. Had deer within range 9 out of 10 sittings. The little bucks have been chasing for several days. A lot of fresh rubs, scrapes. Was along side my house 30 minutes ago and a nice 7ptr walked within 20 yards with his nose glued to the ground. I think the next 7 days here will be prime time. My Matrix 355 got its first buck yesterday morning. Was in the tree at 5a. At sun up I heard a lot of noise (thank you dry leaves) behind me but it was too thick to see. Sounded like some heavy rack to rack sparing . My buck came in later 9:00am. Shot opened up at 35 yards and was down 30 yards later. Good luck to all!
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
galamb

Post by galamb »

Just got back home from the evening hunt here in Eastern Ontario.

At 6:10 pm I had a pair of does come in and start chowing down on some feed. Having but a single buck tag I was hoping one was following but no luck.

But at least the activity is positive - a few more days and Mr. Buck will be hot on the tail of one of them :D
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
mingle

Post by mingle »

mingle wrote:
gerald strine wrote:I have not seen a deer in my last 12 hunts and I am getting down is it Just my luck or has deer movement been down lately ?
I am in Michigan.
Seen deer almost every day last week in Houghton lake.Take a look at the solar tables they are pretty much on..
Seen 2 last night both bucks,Wacked a spike with the 330 20 yd shot went about 60 yds spitfire broadhead
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....we have been experiencing the October lull also here in Jersey...with that said...my middle son had a "nice sized" 10 pointer on his trail cam...never there before...I was out Saturday and had a 6 pointer within 40 yards, in brush and never had a shot (around 3 in the afternoon)...also saw some doe just before dark.....maybe the light switch was or is about to be flipped! :?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Its been really slow here in South Jersey too until I had a "button buck/mini spike" come to the feeder about 6:10 Sat night.

I originally thought it was part of a group of 2 does/2 fawns at first that I had coming in on camera before the season started.

He got a pass, mostly because i thought more were coming in from the bird activity in the direction he came in from and how he was acting.

He eventually got spooked by something which also made me think a bigger buck might have been coming in but...

At the very least i got to finally see something and practice aiming/getting one in the crosshairs and "heart control" :D
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

Well things here have really changed in the last 4 days . Friday night had 3 small bucks within range they were harassing each other , Saturday evening after the rain moved out at 4 pm had non stop action! 6 different bucks. I am chasing a big 150 plus 9 pt. saw him briefly Saturday evening at 26 yds. no shot and right at dark. Sunday morning put the decoy out and at 7 AM had a basket rack 6 pt. come in and make a scrape /pissed did two rubs and spent 20 minutes trying figure out why the blow up doll wasn't paying any attention :?: all told have had 11 different bucks sighted this weekend. I have a ton of scrapes and rubs appearing all in the last 4 days ,Things are heating up!! I think after this next weather moves thru the end of the week will be pretty hot :D
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !