added wt. of nufletch ignitors

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

added wt. of nufletch ignitors

Post by hunter with MS »

How much added wt. to the arrow does the nufletch ignitors on the arrow ?
TheBig1

Re: added wt. of nufletch ignitors

Post by TheBig1 »

hunter with MS wrote:How much added wt. to the arrow does the nufletch ignitors on the arrow ?
NuFletch Ignitors are 39 grains. So subtract the grains of your current insert and there you have it. My aluminum nock was 20 grains, so it added a total of 19 grains to my arrow which actually dropped my FOC from 20.49% to a more acceptable 17.66%.

I just figured it out and if I switched from 100 grain Slick Tricks to 85 grain Magnus Stingers it would drop my total arrow weight from 432 grains to 417 grains and my FOC would drop from 17.66% to 16.58% which is more in range of the recommended 7% to 15%. I'm seriously considering doing this.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Lots of folks on here like to shoot arrows with a high FOC (20 - 25%) and find it gives good accuracy. So I think your setup is fine as is. Post any accuracy results you see by changing the FOC if you don't mind.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

nchunterkw wrote:Lots of folks on here like to shoot arrows with a high FOC (20 - 25%) and find it gives good accuracy. So I think your setup is fine as is. Post any accuracy results you see by changing the FOC if you don't mind.
Hunter with MS, don't mean to hijack your thread Brother. The Ignitors are great.

NcHunter, I'm new to this whole FOC thing so I doubt after hearing from others that I'll even give it a try unless the guy down the street actually allows me to try them but then again I'd be comparing 100gr broadheads of one model to 85gr broadheads of another model. Not sure if anything would be an accurate result.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Not a problem I have used others and screwed up the flight .
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I should have noted that I shoot Gold tip laser 2 bolts and 125 Gr broadheads with an Exomax .
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

hunter with MS wrote:Not a problem I have used others and screwed up the flight .
Well I've been using these now and I think they fly exactly like my regular aluminum nocks. I didn't need to change a thing on my scope.

And I'm just amazed at how easy they are to turn off. I have some Diablo's with the lights on them and they're a bear to turn off which was one of the reasons that I bought a Danny Miller arrow puller but even then they would sometimes stay on just a little bit that you couldn't see that they were on. I didn't like them. I'm absolutely loving these Ignitors and for the price and warranty, you can't beat them.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member