Idiots with a crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: Idiots with a crossbow

Post by longbow joe »

At least they caught them ....crimes like this usually are gotten away with .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Boo wrote:
maine hunter wrote:A few people doing crap like that makes us all look bad in others eyes!!! Hope they throw the book at them and make them pay!!! :evil:
Well said Kevin!

Boys, please don't use that word. We have at least one member with a mentally challenged child and trust me, this does not bode well in his heart. He is one of the better guys here and really doesn't deserve seeing this. In addition, while we understand that it's a mistake, this is nothing but an innocent extension of accepting the behavior of a new member who acts totally inappropriate.
Dave, I'm glad to see you hold the line on this.
Neil, I know that Dave mistook your intentions. You're not like that.
Thanks Don, MS it was not so much the word you used that I objected to. It was Scott's notation about those with Downs right after you used that word. The automatic assumption/reference to downs right after that word is the issue. I am well aware non of you meant any harm but as Don stated, one of our very good members has a daughter with downs. If It bothered me, I knew it would be hurtful to others as mentioned.
Enough said, go hang some poachers! Let's hope no little kids left the house this am to find Rudolph laying on the front lawn with arrow projecting! I certainly hope the Game Wardens and Police throw the book at these guys.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Sorry hunt it. I cannot leave this alone. so lemme get this straight, cause im a lil perturbed here.

the use of retard on it s own is ok with you, but me defending the mentally disabled by saying don't compare these poachers to a mentally diasabled person is not.

There is no other meaning of the the word retard other than to compare to a mentally diabled person. Yes I know who has a handicapped child. When he joined I have sent pms regarding this. This is why when I see that word used here or in daily life I do not look the other way.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hunt it

Post by Hunt it »

Scott,
Neither was good but you automatically jumped from first word to connecting the two which is not necessary. Not everyone that is mentally challenged in life has Downs, there are many other challenges such as brain injury etc.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Lol. Ok.

There is no "connecting the two." One is a old school backwards way of saying the other. Retard means downs. You bump your head it's called a brain injury.
Boo

Post by Boo »

You're both right. However, if we eliminate that word, all is good.
It took a couple of smacks in the head for me to stop using that word and we all have different experiences with it. But either way, we shouldn't use it, least of all publicly.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

My new 405 project bow is beautiful and shoots heavy arrows very fast.....I love my bow! :mrgreen: :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

And I said I should have not said that . I am sorry for upsetting people I have a nephew with downs .
Hunt it

Post by Hunt it »

Thanks, we all live and learn each day. As for old school Scott, just about everything we learned in the old school is no longer politically correct or down right offensive now days. Just look how Donald puts his foot in his mouth every day.
The new term is "does my new truck make my neck look red"? :mrgreen:
And yes I have a new truck! 8)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hunt it wrote:
one shot scott wrote:
hunter with MS wrote:All I can say is retards!!!!
I think you are giving them too much credit. No down's syndrome person that I know of would do such a thing.
Scott, with all due respect, poachers are assholes we all know that. I for one would appreciate that you not assume and refer to those with Downs Syndrome as retards as they are not. I have a nephew with Downs and he is not a retard nor a poacher. In the event you do indeed know someone with downs I hope you would never refer to them as retarded.

We have other members with children that have downs as well and I can assure you that your reference will upset them greatly.
...yep...you are soooo right Hunt It...my daughter Angelica (with Downs) would surely put a beating on anyone who makes fun of her...but there are many (uninformed I might add) who use the word "retards" loosely...it is easy to get offended but I try my best to stay above it all....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

WOW !
Has thread gone off the rails.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

maine hunter wrote:A few people doing crap like that makes us all look bad in others eyes!!! Hope they throw the book at them and make them pay!!! :evil:
My guess would be that these dopes have CCW permits too, and that slaps us hard in the face too. I hope they suffer from the fullest extent of the law for every offense committed.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

Popcorn peanuts popcorn peanuts get your popcorn peanuts.. No wait here's a better idea instead of you all bickering back an forth on the forum why dont indulge in a conference call an act like school girls there... Oh an by the way I have a step daughter thats autistic.. But hashing this out back an forth shows the level of maturity in you guys... Mistakes are made in sure there wasn't any harm meant so give it up!!!
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic
Possum

Post by Possum »

A poor choice of words were used, I'm sure no offense was intended. We're are all guilty of using hurtful words taken out of context. Apologies and regrets have been made. Everyone should now take the high road and move past this and let this thread slip into to archives.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Very True.
I was greatly offended by use of the word. Hunter with Ms has since proven himself to be a good guy. I guess others can look past the use of it but I cannot, will not.

I will not be vilified for standing up against use of that hateful word.