o\t ccw who does it an what do you carry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TheBig1

Re: o\t ccw who does it an what do you carry

Post by TheBig1 »

Coon Gravy wrote:S&W SD9VE... don't leave home with out it. I can't believe how many people keep one in the pipe though. The stories that you hear of the small child pulling the ready to fire gun out of moms purse at Wal-Mart or something like that drive me crazy. Teach the kids, be responsible with your weapon, treat everything gun like a loaded gun... sure, and I've never been in a situation where I needed to pull mine (and hopefully never will) but I think if I don't have time or cover to rack one on the way out that I'm probably better off waiting or moving.

I agree that safety and teaching your children about guns is paramount. My 6 y/o little girl is quickly learning gun safety herself and has been for sometime now. I keep one chambered while out. This is why I also carry in a Serpa holster. As for at home, I will take the one out of the chamber and leave the mag in it. My kids know that they never touch a gun. If they are curious and want to see/touch it, all they have to do is ask me. I must get up right then and there to do it. This teaches them to never touch it and that whenever they want I will allow them to do so and to do so in a safe way. That way they're not trying to do it behind my back.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
rein1

Post by rein1 »

In the summer I carry my Glock 27 or 29,23,, In colder weather I carry my sig p553
chambered in 5.56 green tip ammo ,,,Conceals really good,, dam good fire power ..
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

FYI for those who unload often..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6PAmKLUcbc&sns=tw via @youtube
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Good info onetime. Never thought of that. I'll be looking now. Thanks
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I've been carrying concealed for 30 years. If my pants are on, I'm carrying. My main carry gun is a Sig 229 40 cal. Depending on the style of dress,I also will carry one of my other firearms. A S&W shield in 40 cal or my Sig 232 in 380 cal. My motto, walk softly but carry a BIG stick. :wink:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Coon Gravy

Post by Coon Gravy »

manitou1 wrote:Yup... carry all the time when i leave the house.
Ruger SR9C or Ruger LC9S Pro and spare mag.
The SR9C is one of the finest shooting handguns i have shot. Excellent trigger, accurate, and easy to hit with. Lot's of capacity.
I picked up an LC9, you know the original series that had the toy cap gun plastic trigger that crept into the grip... so glad they reworked that. I offloaded mine as soon as I shot it the first time but the LC9S trigger seems to be crisp like it should have been in the first place. You get what you pay for I guess.
Grizzly & 355
Keystone & Copenhagen
Go Big Red!
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

I have had a Michigan CPL for over 20 years. I carry a Glock 26 or a LCP 380 ( The LCP usually during the summer) Very happy with both of these handguns.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Going on 37 years of concealed carry.... I devote that duty to the following three depending on circumstances :

S&W M-49 38 special snub-nose with a partially shrouded hammer does duty in my inside vest pocket while on the Electra-glide both near home and far "away".

Glock 19 9mm as my carry piece in the outdoors and resides in consoul of the Tundra and as well as the 43 year old, 73 Ford Bronco for auotmobile use and those daily errands.

Main piece is a Kimber "Ultra Crimson Carry II" she see's daily "belt use" as it's very concealable with only a 3" barrel, while still having an awesome trigger, the lazer grip site, as well as the excellent accuracy, along with the nite sites and ambidexterious safety I had Kimber Install. All this while having 7 rounds of H/P 45 acp on hand in the mag. :wink:

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

If I'm carrying IWB it's my SIG P239 Extreme 9mm with Crimson Trace laser and Hornady Zombie Max. If its OWB open carry (which I do more and more lately) it's my SIG P220 Carry 45 with Crimson trace grips and Golden Saber 185+P, 8+1. Just got some Hornady Critical Duty but haven't had a chance to shoot them to see how they do with my gun. I have several other handguns but those are my go-to choices. Been eyeballing a couple different Ultra size 1911's lately but stuck between another 45 or going with something in a high capacity 9. And my wife just got her CCW permit so we're shopping for her too.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Depends on what i'm wearing...Glock 42 in a versa carry holster or Keltech in .380 naked in my pocket. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
deerman41

Post by deerman41 »

I guess every body but me carries an automatic. I carry smith & wesson 38 642 airweight revolver with crimson trace laser grips. I carry in my right front pocket in an elephant skin holster, It will do till I get to my truck where I keep the heavy artillery. :evil:
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

deerman41 wrote:I guess every body but me carries an automatic. I carry smith & wesson 38 642 airweight revolver with crimson trace laser grips. I carry in my right front pocket in an elephant skin holster, It will do till I get to my truck where I keep the heavy artillery. :evil:
No sir I have a 642 I carry as well from time to time. But ill say this the trigger on my 642 has had some serious rework its about a 8lb double action now instead of the 16lb lead sled it was from the box...
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

BryanGrizzlyOhio,

You may want to re-think a pistol with a modified and lightened trigger as your carry gun... A Prosecuter could and has used that against people who have used a modified firearm for self defence and will continue to do so. :oops:

I carry a pretty nice "Custom" grade Kimber with a wonderful trigger. ...But, " I DID NOT MAKE IT THAT WAY ", ... "the factory did"

Another very important issue, if ever going to court over a self defence shooting is using re-loaded ammo... :shock: :roll:

No matter how good it is, it can be refered to as "Custom Home Made Man Killers".

For that reason I carry Hydra shocks in the 38 and 45. I use Hornady Critical Duty in the 9 mm as they can all be compared to or depending where you live may be the actual ammo being used by your local PD or Sheriffs office...
It makes a good effective round more justifiable when you can say "I chose those rounds as I felt if they were good enough for the police to bet their life on , they would be good enough for me to bet mine on also." :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Glock 17 W RMR, LWRC SPR W/3 mags in my truck vault. Everyday without fail, no question about it. I would encourage anyone who can safely, and effectively secure a long gun in your vehicle do so. One less life lost to terrorists is a success. The life you have to save may very well be your own.

V/r
Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

L. E. Carroll wrote:BryanGrizzlyOhio,

You may want to re-think a pistol with a modified and lightened trigger as your carry gun... A Prosecuter could and has used that against people who have used a modified firearm for self defence and will continue to do so. :oops:

I carry a pretty nice "Custom" grade Kimber with a wonderful trigger. ...But, " I DID NOT MAKE IT THAT WAY ", ... "the factory did"

Another very important issue, if ever going to court over a self defence shooting is using re-loaded ammo... :shock: :roll:

No matter how good it is, it can be refered to as "Custom Home Made Man Killers".

For that reason I carry Hydra shocks in the 38 and 45. I use Hornady Critical Duty in the 9 mm as they can all be compared to or depending where you live may be the actual ammo being used by your local PD or Sheriffs office...
It makes a good effective round more justifiable when you can say "I chose those rounds as I felt if they were good enough for the police to bet their life on , they would be good enough for me to bet mine on also." :wink:

Gene
Well maybe I should have added my 642 was actually sent into smith an Wesson an is now practically a 642preformance center revolver with out the scandium frame.. It was a costly project but it turned a horrible shooter into a excellent piece to have an carry
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic