Alberta Inclusion Debate

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Alberta Inclusion Debate

Post by IronNoggin »

As most here know, I applied for & received a Crossbow Permit over in Alberta this fall. They require one to be "disabled" (HATE that term!) in order to get this permit and hunt in their general archery seasons.

This fall, some Wildlife Regs are under re-consideration in Alberta. Amongst those is the possibility of full crossbow inclusion in their archery seasons.

The Province's main hunting forum is Alberta Outdoorsmen. Of course the above noted possible change was noted there, and now the Battle Rages. Some for, some fence sitters, and a handful to True Haters!

Want a read that will leave you wondering, have a boo: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=274166

Only posted once myself thus far, but have to keep slapping my hands away from the keyboard on an ongoing basis!

Be interesting to see just how this turns out...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
j.krug

Re: Alberta Inclusion Debate

Post by j.krug »

The inclusion debate is always sure to get folks on both sides of the debate fired up. I hope common sense prevails and full inclusion happens for the good folks of Alberta. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Tom

Post by Tom »

Nog, I did try to join so I could give a good view from a person with a disability. But the site will not let me join.

I wanted to show the member "Lefty Canuck" that his views and the rules and regulations are Discriminating against persons with disabilities (as according to the Canadian Human Rights & Disability Act).

To actually believe that this member who actively promotes that he is a PRO STAFFER for:
  • 60XCustomStrings Canadian Staffer
    Grim Reaper Broadheads Canadian Field Staffer
    Team Bowtech Canadian Staffer

gets away with his actions.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Actually Lefty is one of the better ones there Tom. He has come out on several occasions and stated he is not against crossbow use, but simply prefers that it stay classed as it is. That being allowable use during general (rifle) seasons with a few very specific primitive weapons openings and of course the Handicapped Permit. He has been polite in his posting by and large, but stands firm that crossbows should not be allowed during their regular archery season.

There are others there far more prejudiced in their opinions, and who have no qualms about voicing that. Most based on mis-information and / or Fear Mongering IMO.

I don't know how this will turn out when the decision makers finally cast their vote. There already are seasons where one can carry and use a crossbow over there, but it would be nice to be doing so at the same time as the rest of the archers are - also my opinion.

Time will tell I guess...

Cheers,
Nog
Last edited by IronNoggin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

It's a challenge for me to maintain my composure when reading such stupidity and utter drivel! I'm willing to bet money I was a far more accomplished bow hunter and 3D shooter than the bumpkins saying crossbows aren't archery equipment. Before I had any interest in crossbows I was never opposed to them, I was indifferent. I still viewed them as archery equipment. I preferred that someone unable to dedicate the amount of time to become proficient with vertical equipment to get into crossbows as proficiency could be achieved in a much shorter time frame. The opposers perplex me. These are people that won't be able to put together a thoughtful, logical and reasonable argument for their case, they just state an ignorant opinion based on illogical feelings. Let me state once again "IGNORANCE CAN BE FIXED, BUT STUPID IS FOREVER!" :?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I signed up on that site to put my 2 cents in. My user name is ont-xbower. :)

The debate reminds me of when Michigan started full inclusion. Some hunters were freaking out over the Xbox. In the end it had very little impact and once again proved to be a positive move for the State.

I would love to hunt Alberta deer someday with my Micro...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Tom

Post by Tom »

I see that Lefty Canuck is no longer promoting that he is a Pro staffer for those companies. I wonder if the companies in question did not like they way he acted.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]