Don't wanna hijack the wyverns post...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcwn

Don't wanna hijack the wyverns post...

Post by Bcwn »

So given all the chatter about this company no longer carrying certain models due to Alledged limb problems, can somebody please break it down in lay terms I can understand.

What exactly do I need to do to my 380 in the way of preventive maintenance and checks. String? How close should it be to the rubber bumpers, how do I measure correct brace height, there are no marks on the deck that would identify proper brace height.

What else, anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
jparchery

Re: Don't wanna hijack the wyverns post...

Post by jparchery »

On all Matrix models the string should sit 5/8" to  1" back from the joint where the riser meets the rail. If you have the Matrix 380 the string should sit about 1/8” off the R.E.D.S. suppressor pads.
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Okay so just went through the manual. My brace height seems ok, but my strings are touching the rubber bumpers, so I'm gonna assume I'll need to buy a stringing aid in order to adjust my string.
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Now that it's touching :shock: ..... it's a very good time to STOP and get the stringing aid and adjust it back to a 3/16-1/4" gap from the rubber bumpers before any further shooting is done. :wink:

BTW, A much better stringing aid is made and sold by Danny Miller @ horizontal archery for considerably less $ than the one Excal. sells. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Yes it came to me in the box from excal touching the rubber bumpers. Ughh cmon excal you guys can do better than that with QC. I've only shot the bow probably 30 times, so I'm guessing everything is just fine. Anyways I'm over it! That's about as far as a rant over something I should have read my self in the owners manual.
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

It is probably not Excal's fault that the string came into the bumpers. I am sure when it was built it was not, but due to time, the string stretched. Thus, it is now in the bumpers. I had the same issue on the last one that was shipped to me. The first I bought at a shop and they adjusted it for me before I brought it home.
Best thing to due is buy a string from one of the string makers on this forum. They will not stretch like the factory strings.
Good Luck and Enjoy!!
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Ahaa learning has taken place :wink: well good thing that little rant about QC stayed right where it should have and went no father, cause boy would have I showed my a$$. Thanks everybody for the advice. And to excal I rescind what I said about QC

BRAD
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Bcwn wrote:Ahaa learning has taken place :wink: well good thing that little rant about QC stayed right where it should have and went no father, cause boy would have I showed my a$$. Thanks everybody for the advice. And to excal I rescind what I said about QC

BRAD

A lack of the very very important Stringing Aid included at time of purchase would have been on point however.
An on going issue which Excalibur seems to feel not so important by the fact that they do not included it.
Besides the fact that maintaining a proper brace height seems to be so critical. And the fact the over and over again people report that the string arrives home or in the store with it pushing into the rubber pads.. ?????

CC
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Ordered a stringing aid, and boo string
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

No matter how much you baby it, brace height, arrow weight, whatever, etc . . .
You may still have an issue at some point. Excalibur crossbows are good quality, but they're not immortal. All crossbows have issues, some sooner and others later in their lifetime. If you have an issue, it won't necessarily be because of something you did. Over time all crossbows may develop chips and even cracks in the camo that don't affect performance.

Just don't think about it too much, fix the brace height and shoot good quality carbon arrows as heavy as possible. Have fun :lol:
Matrix 355 w/Tact Zone
Vortex w/Varizone
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I wouldn't be concerned. Peter has said the issues are minimal, tiny percentage of them have problems.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string