Question for Dr stirrup users.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Heyu

Question for Dr stirrup users.

Post by Heyu »

Received my full kit today. For you guys who have already done your homework on placing your limb silencers for the best performance. Where have you placed yours, and are you spacing them a certain way apart from one another? Right now mine are on with the first one being 2" away from my limb strap working the others towards limb tips. All 3 are in a 2" area. Should they be spaced further apart from one another? Have seen pics with the 3rd one apart from the other's. Am I over thinking all this? Lol. I did chrono. Only lost 1 to 2 fps. This is on my matrix 355. Thanks for any input.
Last edited by Heyu on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
Boo

Re: Question for Dr stirrup users.

Post by Boo »

The first one should be about 6" from the riser and the next ones pretty much beside the first working your way out towards the limbs. You don't want them on the working/flexing part of the limbs.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Thanks Boo. Just not sure where to take that measurement from the riser?
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Boo

Post by Boo »

Where the limb departs from the riser.
As weird as it sounds, the orignitor places them one IPhone away. Don't ask, he's French Canadian. :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Boo wrote:Where the limb departs from the riser.
As weird as it sounds, the orignitor places them one IPhone away. Don't ask, he's French Canadian. :mrgreen:
Ok got ya. Thanks. Wish I had a iPhone though. Ha.

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:Where the limb departs from the riser.
Which IPhone ?
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Well that's good to know. In reading the package I thought that they were supposed to be on the flex part of the limb. I actually have mine right next to my air brakes.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

TheBig1 wrote:Well that's good to know. In reading the package I thought that they were supposed to be on the flex part of the limb. I actually have mine right next to my air brakes.

Chad
I ended up contacting him about placement. He sent me a pic with the measurements showing on his personal bow. The first one is at 4" measuring from the side of the riser under the limb. Working the remaining 2 towards limb tips. But not exceeding 6" out from riser. I have the pics, but don't know how to post on here.

Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Received your message Bucktail. Emailed you the pics. Hope that helps.

Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I'd like to try one but I'll keep taking my boot off to fit in the strup. :)
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I guess do to the placement of my air breaks it almost appears as if mine are put in the correct spot.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Thanks Chad for getting them posted. And I'm sure it matters with what model bow we're placing them on also. (Different limb lengths) Yours look great on there.

TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

I couldn't get mine any closer even if I tried due to my air brakes. It actually helped me with having the air brakes because I couldn't mess it up.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
Ramcat 100gr

NRA Lifetime Member
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Pics showing placement. Thought I'd bring this back up to the top for members wondering.