Kodabow or Mission

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

elknut

Kodabow or Mission

Post by elknut »

looking at buying another crossbow. I have 2 excals but looking to expand. What would you recommend Kodabow or Mission?
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
vixenmaster

Re: Kodabow or Mission

Post by vixenmaster »

I have enuff great recurves so i like the Mission models
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I'm waiting to see if there will be a Micro Offspring for 2016, but I'm also investigating the Hickory Creek DrawLoc mini vertical crossbow.
elknut

Post by elknut »

I'm new to the crossbow world. Does excalibur come out with new models evry year?
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

elknut wrote:I'm new to the crossbow world. Does excalibur come out with new models evry year?
No, there are times where they haven't had a new model each yr
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I really like the kodabow but that assault rifle stock really turns me off. I wish they would offer a normal stock. I hunt a lot in the suburbs a lot i can see a yuppie callin the cops that a guys goin in the woods with an assult rifle . The regular crossbow causes alarm now .lol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

longbow joe wrote:I really like the kodabow but that assault rifle stock really turns me off. I wish they would offer a normal stock. I hunt a lot in the suburbs a lot i can see a yuppie callin the cops that a guys goin in the woods with an assult rifle . The regular crossbow causes alarm now .lol
I too like Kodabows and I like the AR type stock. I also hunt some suburban areas and can relate to what you're saying . I like to keep things low key so to speak. That aside, I would choose Kodabow over Mission. JMO. :wink:
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I like the Kodabow Scout so far, but it takes a while to get used to it. It is heavy but we'll made, and the trigger system is nice. I would recommend handling one before buying if possible. You may have things you like, or dislike, especially if you have Excalibur bows, and feel comfortable with them. Being honest in my opinion of them with a short period of ownership.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
HorizontalArchr

Post by HorizontalArchr »

elknut wrote:looking at buying another crossbow. I have 2 excals but looking to expand. What would you recommend Kodabow or Mission?
I'd choose Excalibur but if you must get the kodabow since I'm partial to the ar platform
Matrix 380
Triggertech Matrix Hunter
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks
Twilight scope
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

HorizontalArchr wrote:
elknut wrote:looking at buying another crossbow. I have 2 excals but looking to expand. What would you recommend Kodabow or Mission?
I'd choose Excalibur but if you must get the kodabow since I'm partial to the ar platform
The Mission has an AR type stock as well! I have owned both & I just could not get used to the AR stock in either one. To each is own!
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Easy decision.
If you feel you need something other than an Excal, and you have to choose between the Mission and the Kodabow then that means you have never shot a Scorpyd... :wink:
xbow joe

Post by xbow joe »

I own a Koda and have been looking at the Mission Sniper. There are good and bad on any bow. The size and weight are great on the Mission. It is also very quiet if that is important to you. The Kodabow has a better trigger and is built like a tank. Although it is heavier and wider (I have the full size Bravo Zulu), I can't make myself want to spend the money for a Mission, although they are great bows. I guess I am spoiled to not having to worry about rail lube, changing cables, and the other stuff compounds require.
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Sniper Lite 310 FSP with 150 lb limbs
Scorpyd 400 FSP with 150 lb limbs
elknut

Post by elknut »

I would like to try a Scorpyd but there are no dealers close. Thats quite a bit of money to lay out without handling one first
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

brotherlove wrote:
elknut wrote:I would like to try a Scorpyd but there are no dealers close. Thats quite a bit of money to lay out without handling one first
Scorpyd going throughstring Serving like Jack Russell's chew up rubber balls ,

Kodabow strings and the serving last 1500-2000 shoots or more.
My Scorpyd Ventilator 100 or my Velocity 100 (100 lb limbs) can go through 1000 shots without ruining a serving and has about the same FPS as the Kodabow with 225 lb limbs.
The new Scorpyd Extreme 175 that shoots 440 FPS has had some problems with chewing up servings with ONE particular string (Platinum). Having said that, my Micro with a TT trigger couldn't get past 150 shots without having to be reserved but it was the price I was willing to pay to enjoy such a hot small recurve with the best trigger made!
norm