New Excalibur Deadzone scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Re: New Excalibur Deadzone scope

Post by strum »

amythntr wrote:....I just left a posting on the Excalibur site copying my original post...we shall see what the response is...I am sorry, if this is where all of this is heading with the product...IMHO it does not bode well for the future...again, I am not saying, "the sky is falling"...just saying that it does not bode well....

Anthony :)
im just guessing , but as we all know they have been coming with the vari-zones and im thinking the deadzones were supposes to be with them and didn't make it on time..so the varizones were used until they arrived ..thus your box was packed with a v zone and then opened and replaced with the D zone.
I didn't like the v zone at all on the micro it was just way to long for it. Anthony let us know what you think of the d zone. not much buzz about it here.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Ok..................an opportunity missed is an opportunity lost :mrgreen:

I have one for sale on the Trading Post!

It was a take-off from my Micro package. Didn't even have to take it off because it was still in the original box and never installed. I have no experience with it as I have never used it. Has speed ring/BDC reticle. Yes....it is shorter than the VZ. It is TZ length without illumination.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

strum wrote:
amythntr wrote:....I just left a posting on the Excalibur site copying my original post...we shall see what the response is...I am sorry, if this is where all of this is heading with the product...IMHO it does not bode well for the future...again, I am not saying, "the sky is falling"...just saying that it does not bode well....

im just guessing , but as we all know they have been coming with the vari-zones and im thinking the deadzones were supposes to be with them and didn't make it on time..so the varizones were used until they arrived ..thus your box was packed with a v zone and then opened and replaced with the D zone.
I didn't like the v zone at all on the micro it was just way to long for it. Anthony let us know what you think of the d zone. not much buzz about it here.
...Stan I am aware of that...but very cheaply done..."white out", broken Styrofoam and newspaper stuffed in the box....put a new label on it and repackage it correctly..give me a break....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
lagarman

Post by lagarman »

Anthony,
I agree....if I just paid retail and my crossbow was delivered in that fashion, I would be seriously upset and would question my decision about buying an Excalibur. :oops: That being said, I do recognize the manufacturer can't control every transaction conducted by a dealer. However, feedback from the xbow community should be valued by the manufacturer and perhaps the manufacturer should have a "talk" with their dealer about professionalism and customer service. Just my $.02.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted out. If you don't mind, please send me a PM of who the dealer was, since I have yet to order my 380.
Future Matrix 380 owner.....just lurking for now.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Bottom line is the Dealer should have contacted you. Then informed you of the scope problem. Then you could have talked to them on how to proceed with Order!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Darn tootin' !!!!!!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...In all do respect to the dealers here....they have been extremely frustrated with promises for deliveries of new product from Excalibur only to not get what was promised to them...nothing will be gained or helpful by disclosing the distributor as i do not believe anything was done or intended by him ...I put the blame on the manufacturer...this scope issue will continue to be the weak link in the product until they deal with it head on...

....enough with these crap scopes...I know that you can but them bare bones but the difference in the price is minuscule...I guess because they probably only pay very little for the actual scope...

....The thing that really ticked me off is that I bought this for a friend. He was concerned about the packaged being seal and new...he will get anything but that...WE know that there are so few moving parts to this bow that in all likelihood all will be OK...

....but it's a VERY POOR introduction to the crossbow market for what WE KNOW to be the best crossbow out there...I feel bad for him...

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

I'm still wondering what the differences are between the Varizone and Deadzone besides physical dimensions. Is the Dead zone clearer? Is it better fit and finish? etc. Please give details. Would you pay shipping to exchange a VZ for a DZ?
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

i have the shadowzone on my vortex, does everything i ask of it, more than clear enough plus the lighted reticle does what it is supposed to, buy a little more time early morning late evening, thanks excal for not breaking the bank doing it. spent the extra 150 on much needed archery supplies. :D
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

After this years hunting season, imho you would be hard pressed to find a scope that complimented a Micro better than the crossbones . But you know what they say about opinions. :lol:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Mo wannabe wrote:After this years hunting season, imho you would be hard pressed to find a scope that complimented a Micro better than the crossbones . But you know what they say about opinions. :lol:
Yep we sure do. I like Tact Zones. I have two. I know the difference between quality scopes, scopes that will do the job and scopes that are crap. TZ's will do a fine job on a hunting crossbow. Wouldn't have a scope of that quality on my Sako rifles though. Wouldn't have a Crossbones quality scope on my rifles either. Leupold has some great scopes. Have had a few in the VX3 line. Leaving the Tact Zone on my Matrix and my Micro until my Eotech 512 XBow purchase arrives in the mail. I'll keep both of them anyway, I like them because they work. You don't need 600 yard glass on a crossbow in my opinion. And on a Micro you don't need 100 yard glass. Excalibur scopes aren't the weak link that Anthony ascribes to them.........but I can agree that having them forced on us is not in the interest of every buyer. Having them forced on us is not satisfactory to some of us, but others will be ok with it. This is another opinion............nothing to fuss over guys...........just my opinion. It's Excalibur's business and it's working.................everybody here seems to have one....or two.......or :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

vpsaline wrote:I'm still wondering what the differences are between the Varizone and Deadzone besides physical dimensions. Is the Dead zone clearer? Is it better fit and finish? etc. Please give details. Would you pay shipping to exchange a VZ for a DZ?
Have one in my hands right now. It's for sale in case you didn't know :shock: It came with my Micro. Just took it out of the box........fit and finish is as good or better than my Tact Zones. I'm selling the DZ because I have a surplus of TZ's! I don't have a VZ to compare it to :| However it is shorter than a VZ. The DZ is 8 5/8" with the eyepiece adjusted the way it is now. Has 280-390 on the speed ring. Glass is as clear to the edges as it is to the centre......I would say the glass is good......but that is a subjective statement isn't it. I would not complain about having this scope on my hunting crossbow. Has four aiming points - crosshairs at the centre (not to fine not to thick) and three triangle aiming points below the crosshair. My opinion is that this scope is preferable to a VZ. There you ago..........my opinions with some facts sprinkled in :lol:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

When it comes to scopes, to each his own. I would have a hard time relying on a scope that has such a checkered track record. At the moment of truth, I just wouldn't count on an Excalibur scope. That is my justification for upgrading optics, not so I can see for miles and hunt under the moonlight. I get precious little time in the woods, too little time to have the weakest link in my setup cost me a chance at a deer.

When it comes to the scope quality one should expect when buying a crossbow package...they're all crap. I have yet to see a kit scope that compares to say, a Crossbones. They don't exist as part of a package, because that package would price itself above the market. As to the gripes about not being able to buy a bare bow, there are three dealers that I know of that offer that option.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

Do you think that the Dead Zone that just came with the new Matrix Grizzly is of the same quality as the 2014 ones? I wish they had more information on them, it's not easy to find much on this product.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!