HHA Optimizer review ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chuckinator

HHA Optimizer review ?

Post by chuckinator »

I've been reading about the HHA Xbow Optimizer. after viewing the video on their web site the sight looks pretty impressive. Does anyone have any experience with one on their xbow? I'd like to get your input before a purchase. I shoot a Grizzly and a Ten Point Turbo II. Thanks
"Adapt, Overcome and Prevail"
snuffbox

Re: HHA Optimizer review ?

Post by snuffbox »

I use one for shooting 3ds.
If your dealing with competition shooting and a lot of variable distances I think it's invaluable piece of kit.
I've shot with varizone hawke xb30 ,tactzone and crossbones which were all fine but using the optimiser has taken things to another level.
Use it with the crossbones and just use the centre cross hairs.
Great piece of kit
SEW

Post by SEW »

I've used one since they came out for xbows. Actually have 2. One I have has over 5,000 shots thru it with at least 1,000 adjustments. Also have a much newer one. Can't tell which is which. The advantages of using the Optimizer/great River scope outweigh a dedicated xbow scope if the hunting is continued until "last" light. Longer range shooting is enhanced. Use any power, anytime you want.
They never seem to degrade.
elknut

Post by elknut »

How high do they raise the scope level
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I use one for 3D. Love it. Probably wouldn't bother if it my bow was just for hunting but it's an excellent tool for competition and longer distances. I needed to shim my scope (front).
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
SEW

Post by SEW »

0.62"
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I was sceptical about them at first but after shooting one for a year, I like it. I still have two beefs: the higher cheek weld and the added weight. Both of these drawbacks seem to diminish the more I use it.

If you only plan on hunting and most of your shots will be under 40y, I would not get one. If you plan on shooting or hunting at longer distances, they are invaluable pieces of equipment, especially for target and 3D.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

racking up points wrote:I was sceptical about them at first but after shooting one for a year, I like it. I still have two beefs: the higher cheek weld and the added weight. Both of these drawbacks seem to diminish the more I use it.

If you only plan on hunting and most of your shots will be under 40y, I would not get one. If you plan on shooting or hunting at longer distances, they are invaluable pieces of equipment, especially for target and 3D.
Agree, I've shot my fair share of deer with a Xbow and vertical bow. NOT ONE was ever range with a rangefinder prior to letting the arrow fly. Grant it I hunt thicker cover and not open fields such as farm land. Use my rangefinder for landmark references. Again agree with R.U.P. and VixChix
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
chuckinator

Post by chuckinator »

Thank you gentleman for you input!
"Adapt, Overcome and Prevail"
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I have three Optimizers and absolutely love them. I love them for hunting, target and 3D. I can live with the higher cheek weld, which is actually more of a jaw weld, because I love the precision and accuracy.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I am on my second year with mine. I honestly would be lost without it.
If I ever get another crossbow or three they will all be sporting one.
There is a guy on youtube called "mindlikethemillpond" that is making some incredible long shots (300+ yds.) using an Excalibur 405 and an HHA Optimizer.