Can i buy a Excalibur Matrix 405 Mega without problems?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Heyu

Re: Can i buy a Excalibur Matrix 405 Mega without problems?

Post by Heyu »

Where's Joe when you don't need him!!? Lol :lol:
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
coop

Post by coop »

The fact that Excal has stopped the sale and many dealers stopped sales of the 405, Excal has stopped production of the 405 and replaced it with the 400 bulldog absolutely means they have a problem with the 405...they didn't discontinue the 380 or other matrix lines...just the problem child 405! Buy the new model not the old...the writing is on the wall if you can read and understand it! I know many have not had a problem but many have, enough that they pulled the bow! Come on man! Read between the lines!
Last edited by coop on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M405+Swhacker=Awesome
Boo

Post by Boo »

What I meant was that the limb failures were not limited to any particular model. It effected all models. The only bow I did not hear about having a limb failure was the 310. But them, I certainly am not privy to what happens at Excalibur, I just read what everyone else reads.
Wildcatter was very accurate in his 2nd post. It's got more power, so you have the potential to have more issues. Thinking anything else would be naive. Does anyone really believe that any F1 car has reliability? He also said that if you screw up, there is much less forgiveness in the higher powered bows. Again, thinking anything else would be naive. I know first hand about screw ups. My 405 went 1800 shots will all manner of strings, arrows and braceheights without a hitch. Two bozos borrow my bow a couple of years ago at Boofest. They quietly returned the bow with a honking splinter in one limb, 4 mushroomed rear nocks and 3 arrows split at the rear end.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

coop wrote:The fact that Excal has stopped the sale and many dealers stopped sales of the 405, Excal has stopped production of the 405 and replaced it with the 400 bulldog absolutely means they have a problem with the 405...they didn't discontinue the 380 or other matrix lines...just the problem child 405! Buy the new model not the old...the writing is on the wall if you can read and understand it! I know many have not had a problem but many have, enough that they pulled the bow! Come on man!
Abolutely not true. My bow went 1800 shots before someone did a semi dryfire and I know of many that have no issue whatsoever, many are members here on this forum. There is no conspiracy.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo wrote: Does anyone really believe that any F1 car has reliability?.
Yes I do! If you drive for Toto Wolff team of Mercedes F1 I think you have total reliability. Ask Lewis Hamilton & Nico Rosberg. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

way123hockey wrote:
otisbrazwell wrote:if you want a trouble free Excalibur get either the exomag or exomax made buy the original Excalibur company back when bill owned it..sure there wider but cock nice and last..the new bowtech Excalibur limbs on the bows they have now don't hold up..(normous you can pound sand your my foe list so your dripple means nothing) :lol: :lol:
Your painting the 405 limb issue with a pretty wide brush. Your statement that "the new bowtech Excalibur limbs on the bows they have now don't hold up" is pretty far fetched. I do agree that the exomag and exomax were great bows but so are the new Matrix series. As with any bow manufacturer there are always going to be some limb issues but to categorically claim that all of the new series of limbs don't stand up is like chicken little crying "the sky is falling". There is nothing further from the truth.
Wayne
How true and if you go back, you'll see that the big boys had their issues. Excalibur have pretty much reached their limits with the recurve as we see it. The changes they have made to the limb during manufacture have been tested rather well and to an extreme to boot! I have absolute confidence in the new limbs coming out.
The world is full of people who don't want to see the good things. Everyone remembers the Bowtech limb failures but not one of those conspiracists want to acknowledge that the Bowtech limbs issues are gone.
Last edited by Boo on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coop

Post by coop »

Boo wrote:
coop wrote:The fact that Excal has stopped the sale and many dealers stopped sales of the 405, Excal has stopped production of the 405 and replaced it with the 400 bulldog absolutely means they have a problem with the 405...they didn't discontinue the 380 or other matrix lines...just the problem child 405! Buy the new model not the old...the writing is on the wall if you can read and understand it! I know many have not had a problem but many have, enough that they pulled the bow! Come on man!
Abolutely not true. My bow went 1800 shots before someone did a semi dryfire and I know of many that have no issue whatsoever, many are members here on this forum. There is no conspiracy.
Absolutely true! Just because your bow didn't have a problem does not mean the mass didn't, to the point they decided bad design! The FACT they Stopped sales and did dealers, means something to us that can think for ourselves! They stopped design of the old and forward risered the new, come on boo doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out!
M405+Swhacker=Awesome
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Speed kills. In two ways. Hope for the better.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Heyu wrote:Where's Joe when you don't need him!!? Lol :lol:
What a perfect statement! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I want to see one of them old wide limb Excals get drawn back to 260 or 280 pounds draw weight and shoot them 350 grain arrows and lets see how tough they are,,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Them bows never seen more than 225# draw weight and had more failures than the Matrix 355 with it's 240# draw weight, and would never take that kind of stress. Thankfully the Matrix has proven to never have an issue at 240# and they are so confident in that they lifetime warrant it and never put an anti dri fire device on it!! Just like the light draw older Exo series. It is comments like this from those that don't understand the physical differences in these bows that made so many problems appear in the 405. Like I said we are aware they had some bad limbs out their,,,, but this the internet, find a problem with a 330 or 355 Matrix, Both with more stress on em than the old Exo bows, heck even the 380 has a proven track record of dependability and reliability!

Lets compare apples to apples,,, a 330 Matrix with a 220 lbs draw weight to a Exomax with a 225 lbs draw weight, and I will assure you the 330 Matrix will take more abuse,, with ease!!! the 355 at 240 lbs draw is solid as any bow on the planet, and is where no Wide Exo series has been,,, fer good reason.

Now consider how many new 405 out there and owned by people who never even owned a crossbow before, and only bought this bow fer its 400+ fps speed,,, and think they know what they are doing with it and blaming the entire learning curve on the bow when they screw up!! Yes this why they said, if they can't play right,,, we'll make them that can pay, and take em away all together!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

ive seen too many experienced Excalibur owners with Matrix and Micro limb issues. not buying the new user theories. the fact that the 405 dissappeared from this site speaks for itself.my current confidence level in Excalibur is somewhere in the middle and thats only because of the great warranty. at some point thats gonna wear off. does anyone know the current limb status :?: has there been a redesign? :?:
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

in the first post the dude states his lives in Germany why would you guys
lead him down the 405 road..some on here don't have a collection of back up
bows so when the bow is in for repair your not in the hunt = you not there when the buck of your life time was..i think bending a long limber to 260 lbs is missing the point..anyway hopefully the bulldog will prove it self in time it takes a lot power to go 400fps ...(when Excalibur came out with the 2 new bows @ the ata show and did not offer up graded limbs & riser for the 405 that
did it for me and I unloaded the matrix 355 (sold) which I received when I returned the 405)..for 400fps I'm shooting another brand for target and recuve
hunting its an old school wide limb excalibur
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

It is FACT that ALL Matrix bows carry the same limbs.. period!

It is true that there was an "overcooked batch" of Matrix limbs. FACT.

The 405 will break these bad limbs much sooner than the 355..but if your 355 got one of the "bad" limbs..it will break too. :!:

The internet lets us take a "few issues" and multiply them...we all know that :D

If we take 500 defective limbs and match them to other limbs for accuracy, then you have up to 1000 bows that are predestined to fail...are you really going to recall 40,000 bows because 1000 of them are going to break????? NO WAY!

The internet has put the 405 into the spotlight of an infectious plague...From a marketing standpoint there is NO WAY to recover from this...bad triggers, broken limbs///...etc So Excalibur HAD TO come out with a new bow! They even dropped the idea that the riser had been altered???

I would bet that the "new" 400 Bulldog carries the EXACT SAME riser and limb configuration as any other Matrix!...just makes sense because there was NEVER any real problem with Bill T's original Matrix design ..except the internet gossip surrounding the 405. Yeah I have have heard of the new "angled" riser..but there was never a problem with the old riser!..Just an over-baked finish on the limbs!!..ALL MATRIX BOWS have the same limbs :!:

Yes you can have 2 or 3 limb failures to the same guy because "he" keeps returning his bow to the same sports shop that has a pile of the same "LOT" of limbs...they are ALL going to break!!!!.

Let's get real people!!!!! Excalibur is the BEST and they will fix whatever problems we have!!!!!!!!! NO questions asked...just get out there and enjoy your bow!! This is worth so many dollar$!!!! You all know this makes you feel warm and fuzzy...what ever happens they will fix it!! And they don't give you no crap about it either!

And just for the record, I have a Matrix 380Xtra that has had 2 sets of limbs replaced....and I was treated so well by Excalibur that I bought a 2nd M380 in the Lynx so that I could hunt the Montana winter predator season in style!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by MTBighorn on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Well said MTBighorn! Very accurate!
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I agree with Bighorn I have shot my 405 a lot with zero problems and have no plans on getting rid of it. I do think there was a bad batch of limbs produced at one time. I have not seen any one posting anything lately about the Micro, 380 or 405. Sometimes I wonder if there is REALLY THAT MANY LIMB ISSUES or just a bunch of haters that wished they had a bow producing that much FPS that the 380's and 405's produce. I think if the 405 is no longer sold it's strictly due to the new Bulldog model which would make it difficult for buyers to decide between the two 400 fps bows JMHO
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats