100 grain field points, broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bearguide

100 grain field points, broadheads

Post by bearguide »

Just sighted in my new matrix grizzly 305 today with my friend whom just got a new matrix 380 blackout. He used the 18 inch Bolts, 150 field points that came with the bow and was dead on at 20,30,40 and 50 yards using 18 inch diablos with only a couple of minor adjustments on his scope. I switched to 100 grain field points and was hitting bull eyes at 20, 30,40 and then at 50 yards just off to the left 1 inch off centre . The reason for the switch to 100grain is that I wished to try the new 100grain mechanical broadheads that I had purchased. I had 6 that look like the rage rear deploy with 2.33 inch cut and gorilla glued one together so it wouldn't open on impact. At 30 yards with my vari zone scope aiming at centre the broadhead hit less than a 1/4 inch below the 100grain field point and my bolt went in about 12 inches into my crossbow bag. Mike the tried my 100 grain broadhead from his blackout crossbow shooting at centre from 30 yards and hit 1 inch below the bulls eye . His bolt went in almost to the fetching
Much more kenitic energy at 380 fps at 260 lbs than my 305 fps bow at 200lbs. Both of us were shooting from stable shooting platforms and not freehand. What a great day to sight these bows in and a great time. Note mike has a tact zone scope . I didn't try the broadhead at 50 as its Saskatchewan and 3c today but got windy and we got cold . Next time :D :)
LongCarbine

Re: 100 grain field points, broadheads

Post by LongCarbine »

Sounds like a good time .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Welcome. Sounds like a great day indeed. It would be great if you finish filling in your profile so we know where you're from. Where abouts in Saskatchewan are you from? I have friends in Regina and North Battleford.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
bearguide

Post by bearguide »

Thanks Paul,
Didn't know how to fill in the profile but slowly figuring it out :D might even get a photo up lol