Worst than a woman

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mister B

Re: Worst than a woman

Post by Mister B »

I have a nightmare and love it. Bought it after I bought my 355 which I bought after I bought my 310. The nightmare is my 'go to bow' after having shot the others, killing deer with all of them. Get your 335 and wait until he gets a 355 and shoot it. Then buy it too as a back up. I hunt primarily from a box blind now and favor the black bow for the darkness inside the blind. If I hunt a tree stand,it is a toss up between the other two camo bows. Hummmm You know? A camo 335 sure would be nice for hunting in a tree wouldn't it? How much would you give me for a 310 or a 355? Eh Eh Eh..
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Oops. I said my back up bow was a 310. It is a 330 Matrix. Sorry. Had a brain fart. Neat thing about brain farts is they don't smell. Or do they?
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I have both a Micro 335 an a Matrix 355 and I love both bows for what they give me.... :D

The Matrix 355 give me dependability and confidence while being 22-27 fps faster with the same hunting arrows, of 392 grns. thru 473 grns. when shot from either bow, as it has no negative Issues, and has a flatter trajectory, with a bit more penetration. { both will completely penetrate a deer or most any other game animal but a 355 arrow goes farther into the ground on the other side } and I seem to be a bit more accurate with it at longer ranges.

The Micro is way easier to carry through any kind of thick stuff while on your back or in your hands, :wink: and possibly to use in a pop-up blind or tree stand? ...

I can neither confirm nor deny this however, as I "still hunt" and have yet to hunt from a tree nor a "pop-up" , though I do have both set up "just in case". :lol: :wink: I think the handling quality is nicer than the bit larger Matrix.
However, I can distinguish hardly any weight difference when set up the same including their "Munch Mounts" and 4 arrows.

When hunting Elk, the Matrix is my go too..... where walking long distances hunting Mule deer in heavy, head high Sage Brush and trying to sneak in on a bedded Buck, give me my Micro.

Once guys get more "trigger time" with the New Micro 355, and if reviews show it to be as dependable as my Matrix, while as nice handling as my Micro :D :shock: .. I can possibly see it replacing both my current bows in the hunting field. 8)

"Time Will Tell" on that.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Something I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that I'm shooring roughly the same speed with my Micro 335 as I was with my Matrix 355 which was between 315-320 FPS.

In both bows, the only difference is arrow weight which is roughly 405Gr for my Micro and 415-421Gr ish for the Matrix (it's been awhile so i for get the exact Gr for the Matria arrows).

Everything else is the same as far as set up goes both arrow components and flemish string.

Again, it's a great little bow that spoiled me with its size and performance
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
M77 ruger

Post by M77 ruger »

Can someone that has both a matrix 355 and a micro 335 post a picture side by side with it cocked and uncocked to get real world size difference? I have yet to see a matrix in person as no one in 250 miles has one in stock or they don't even stock them. I called around and asked before making a long drive and most people only have them as a online order option but do no stock. Compounds are the coward favorite here as everybody Carries those. I went to bass pro, gander mountain, dicks sporting goods, and a few archery shops and no one stocks them. I had to drive a 100 miles just to finally see a micro 335 but it was worth it. I'm am for sure sold on the Excalibur. I must say that micro 335 sure made me look like I was a seasoned archery Xbow shooter. I did shoot a Barnett 350 compound, pse fang, and a ten point Titan but I didn't shoot them as well as I did the micro. Plus the micro just felt better all around to me. I wish I could see a matrix in person and than I could finally make my decision. The place that had the micro 335 is getting some micro 355 in a week or so but I would be hesitant to buy one its first year out.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Don't worry about buying that new Micro 355 that arrives at your dealer next week. You had better put that deposit down now.
My Micro 355 shoots one hole groups if I do my part.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The Matrix 355 versus a Micro is a no brainer for me...the Micro gets the nod. The Micro comes equipped with the REDS, guardian ADF, and cheekpiece which are not standard on the Matrix 355. These are costly enough add-ons and I consider them necessities. The Micro is also narrower, shorter, lighter and newer so it will resale higher. But if I were you, I'd wait for the Micro 355 to come out. I have one too and have been using it for over a year...I love it.

But handle them all, and compare side by side because everyone has their own preferences.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
M77 ruger

Post by M77 ruger »

Anybody have any pictures of a matrix by a micro to compare width? Also are there any disadvantage to using 16 1/2 bolts vs 18 or 20" bolts
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

M77 ruger wrote:Anybody have any pictures of a matrix by a micro to compare width? Also are there any disadvantage to using 16 1/2 bolts vs 18 or 20" bolts
You can shoot the longer arrows on your Micro if you choose. We shoot 18 3/8" arrows that I did for my Matrix out of Colton's Micro all the time. They shoot really well.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I hunt out of tree very seldom on ground.Micro 335 is small and it looks like bow .It feels good and not heavy..Speed means very little to me and I use 18 inch arrows in it ..little hard to cock ....
M77 ruger

Post by M77 ruger »

So are the 16 1/2 bolts not good for hunting? Is it better to go with the bigger arrows?
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

M77 ruger wrote:So are the 16 1/2 bolts not good for hunting? Is it better to go with the bigger arrows?
16.5" arrows are perfect for the Micro for hunting and target shooting. I am using 16.5" zombie arrows for my Micro 335 and they are working great...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I'm using a 16.5" Black Eagle Excecutioner .003 out of my Micro 355 and it is the perfect hunting arrow for me.
The combo will print one hole groups at 30 yards if I do my part.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

M77 ruger wrote:So are the 16 1/2 bolts not good for hunting? Is it better to go with the bigger arrows?
I really do not know which is better shorter or longer arrow....on youtube there is video called CUSTOM ARROWS FOR MICRO 335..I just went with him[brian] at BORKHOLDER ARCHERY and had him make me up dozen ..his weight 395 [18 inch] with 100 gr points and quill [16.5] arrows weight 401 with 150 gr points..As for quills I have shot around 50 bucks over years and with arrows not even close to quill arrows I used cedar arrows for longtime and most were not very straight with big heavy bear points ...